South Carolina
Options

Affordable Greenville Venues

We're not getting married until next September, but I've already started the search for ceremony/reception venues.  My parents have graciously donated $10,000 to the cause, so we're trying to stick with that as our budget.  However, with the venues I've already met with, this seems easier said than done.  Does anyone know of affordable venues in the Greenville area?  We'd like it to be a classy affair, so I'm kind of anti church gymnasiums and the like.  Any suggestions would be more than welcome!
Anniversary

Re: Affordable Greenville Venues

• Options
    MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://gassawaymansion.com/html_ver/text_section.php?multi_id=3&active_btn=4

Check out this place. 

Also, we decided on Larkin's on the River in the courtyard and the Cabaret Room (the Pavilion is a bit expensive).  Our budget has been about $13,000 and we've been able to find pretty good deals.  I don't have everything booked yet but so far we're doing good.
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with the Gassaway Mansion and decided that with all the upgrades we'd want from the basic package, it was going to be too much.

We're looking into the Huguenot Loft with Larkin's catering, but I think it's going to end up being out of our budget as well.  I hadn't thought about the courtyard and Cabaret Room, but those rental fees look a lot more reasonable.  Thanks for the tip!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could try and help but without a number of guests i cant offer any suggestions. How many guests do you plan on attending?  When you say classy do you mean a platnium formal affair or a more laid back class?  Are you looking for your venue to do everything or are you willing to go else where for your caterer? 
  • Options
    MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure why she did this but our room fee for the Courtyard was waived.  It's only $250 waived but every little bit helps.  And they have a lot of different menu options and she's helped us with tips to keep cost down.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our goal is 100-150 guests.  We're aiming for a laid back class, and we're good with the venue doing everything or going elsewhere for the caterer.  What would be nice is to find a venue where the tables, chairs, and linens are included since that adds up fast.

Molly - thanks for the waived fee tip!  And the guy I've been talking to over there has been great so far.  I've sent him about 8 emails today, and he's played along quite well.  :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, our venue is downtown G'vlle and includes all you want-- tables, chairs, linens caterer and the service but will not hold your number of guests.  The lodge at Table Rock

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sposabellaphotography.com/blog/Table%2520Rock%2520Wedding/9.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sposabellaphotography.blogspot.com/2009/11/table-rock-park-wedding-kayla-and-mike.html&usg=__NpcnkGhporCSSKi1O1dicgi7ayY=&h=466&w=700&sz=138&hl=en&start=13&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=mb1vybQ8QegCoM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtable%2Brock%2Bweddings%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1
    is beautiful and does include the tables and chairs but you would have to spring for the linens. It would make an awesome back drop for Sept.  I looked at The Phoenix Inn too.  A minimum of $4000 in food gets you the most beautiful ball room and an option to do the ceremony in their enclosed patio which has those globe paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling or the small court yard.  I cant even begin to tell you how amazing that ball room is if you want clasy it IS classy-baby grand and all.  They also have a bar that you can make open or cash.  There is a cheaper ball room there for $800 and then you can control how much you spend on food.  The $800 ballroom doesnt have that WOW factor but you could def make it work.  I couldnt find any pics of the phoenix but def go check it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Hilton. They do chairs, linens, setup, clean up, centerpieces, catering, give you a room for honeymoon night, give you rooms to get ready in. I have a ballroom for ceremony and different one for reception. The extra ballroom was only $500 which is 1/3 of the price to have it somewhere else, such as a random church. We are doing a plated dinner because it is cheaper. They don't cover the cake; however they will give champagne toast and cake cutter for reception. They also offer wedding coordinator. It may be worth looking into. Our guest list is around 180.

I looked at the Gassaway Mansion but we wanted a bar of some kind and they don't allow alcohol on premises. I love the reception look of the Wyche Pavilion but we are getting married during Fall for Greenville so that location was off limits to me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, you have all been more help than you know.  I'll definitely check into the Phoenix and the Hilton.  Thank you all!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to venture away from Greenville a little - there is a place called The Loom in Simpsonville, or there is the Sawmill that is in Greenville, as well as Twigs Tempietto. We got did our reception at the Westin Downtown and for 120 people it was just over 10K.  There is also a place in Greer called the Davenport that a friend of mine is getting married at with a similar budget.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't overly impressed with the Sawmill or Twigs.  I'm in love with the Westin, so we're playing with the guest list to see if we can trim it down enough to make that doable for us.  I'll look into The Loom and Davenport.

Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenna,
    If you havent found a reception venue yet please let me know.  I am a catering manager at Embassy Suites and would love to work with you on the wedding.  Please give me a call at 864-678-7117 and we can set up an appointment to take a look at the ballrooms and our outdoor facility as well.  I look forward to talking with you!
    Christina
  • Options

@Jenna from previous post,

I am looking into outdoor venues as well and would love to speak with you more about what is available at the Embassy Suites.

Please shoot me an email at brwnsgr495@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Nicole

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards