South Carolina
Options

Wedding venues help??

I am having a hard time finding a unique place to get married. We are torn between a wedding under the spanish moss in Charleston or in the mountains with the mountain voew in the background with the fall colors. Any suggestions?? I am overwhelmed with the google finds!!
Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding venues help??

• Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go with the mountains in the Fall
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you need to narrow your options down a little more. What location would be most convenient for you and guests? We didn't want naything further than an hour away from home in case we forgot something important. Also, what's your budget? Do you want it indoor, outdoor or both? Do you like nature or do you prefer a ballroom?

Come up with a list of things you (and you FI!!!) think is important and go from there =)
  • Options
    jmjowersjmjowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Ideas! I think I am just overwhelmed with all of the choices!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few other things to think about with the location.  One is time of year.  If your wedding is more in the summer time, where the wedding will be extremely hot near the beach, the mountains may be not quite as hot and uncomfortable and a bit cooler.  If it was in the late fall, the mountains could be a bit cold and Charleston might be a bit more agreeable.  Another thing to think of is the people you want to come.  Will there be more people able to come if you pick one location over another.  =) Hope this helps a bit in narrowing it down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few other things to think about with the location.  One is time of year.  If your wedding is more in the summer time, where the wedding will be extremely hot near the beach, the mountains may be not quite as hot and uncomfortable and a bit cooler.  If it was in the late fall, the mountains could be a bit cold and Charleston might be a bit more agreeable.  Another thing to think of is the people you want to come.  Will there be more people able to come if you pick one location over another.  =) Hope this helps a bit in narrowing it down.
  • Options
    bg75133bg75133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Blowing Rock area of North Carolina. It is a little less known, but an absolutly stunning area of North Carolina. I am attending a wedding show there November 18th-20th. They are actually transporting to different venues for tours! You should check out the show's website http://www.weddingshowofthencmtns.com
  • Options
    mrsesmith10mrsesmith10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with with ffiguring out what is a convient location for family guests and for you and your FI...When the right location comes along you will fall in love with it. good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards