Favors

Favors for kids.

My FI and I are planning a kid friendly wedding and reception.   We are leaning toward candles/soap for our favors.  I know it is something that common but we are going to make them to fit us and we know they will be more likely to get used.

However I was thinking the kids are not going to want soap and a candle.   I was thinking maybe for the kids I would do a small bag of candy, a coloring book (DIY) and crayons.  

Does this sound like a good idea?   I want the kids to feel included.  

Re: Favors for kids.

• nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many parents don't like their kids to get candy without their permission due to allergy or med conditions (diabetes.)  Plus the kids will want to eat it immediately so it could cause arguments with parents!!  I would lean towards crayons/coloring books but then again, it depends on age of kids!
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a kids table with just activities - coloring books, glow sticks and a few crafts.  I would recommend doing that if you have the room.  Coloring books for all kids of different ages might be a little too one-size-fits-all for what you're wanting to achieve. 
  • edited December 2011
    We did bags for each child with their names on them and put them on the same table with the place cards.  We put stuff in each that had to do with age and sex.  There was everything from coloring books to decks of cards, glow sticks, snacks that were nutritional, crayons, pencils, puzzles.  I cleaned out the Dollar Store.  They were a HUGE hit!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks for the input.  Silly me didn't think of allergies even though my daughter is the one with allergies.  I saw a coloring book online that had a variety of aged pages.  But the table sounds great.  I will brain storm some fun favor ideas for kids.  We are having an Irish themed wedding so around St. Patrick's Day I can try to find some things to give the kids.  By then I should have a better handle on who will be coming and maybe find out if they have allergies or concerns that I can't give them a little bit of candy.   (I know only one can't have peanuts, and that is my daughter, and the other kids can all have candy, but I know this about all the kids on my side of the family.  FI's should have 2 kids on his side of the family and his best man has 4 kids so that leaves 6 kids I need to find this out about.) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards