Florida-North Florida
Options

New Bride-to-be here in Jacksonville :)

Hello Ladies,

I just love the knot so much and just discovered these discussion boards earlier today. It is so helpful to get advice from people who are all going through or have gone through the same things.

My wedding is October 6, 2012 and I have already book my venue :) I fell in LOVE with Palm Valley Gardens. My goal is to limit the event to 80 guests since that is the most they can fit inside the house at PVG.

I have also booked my DJ, The Music Factory. They were recommended to me by a family friend and I just adore Madyson. We hit it off really well and come to find out she is having her own wedding at Palm Valley Gardens too.

My plan is for a coctail reception...anyone have any recommendations for a caterer that would be good for heavy horderves?

What about bakers? I have been doing a lot of online looking...I want something nice, but I can't afford to pay anything outreagous.

Any other advice for vedors or what ever else would be greatly appreciated :)

p.s. I am going dress shopping for the first time in two weeks when my Mom comes in town! I am so freakin' excited!

Re: New Bride-to-be here in Jacksonville :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats hun ! Welcome!! What are your colors? I am a Halloween bride this year. Haven't done the cake yet.. I've heard Publix is good but also heard bad so IDK yet.

• Options
    ekutlusekutlus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome!!!

I don't have any suggestions for cater but I'm using Publix bakery.

Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on being engaged! I think we are going to use Publix as well, all of my fiance's family has used Publix and they've turned out great. If you need a photographer recommendation we are using Michelle Davis. My mom was a wedding photographer so I was super picky, I think my FI and I interviewed all of them in this area! But she is great =] Good luck dress shopping!!
  • Options
    JenniferV17JenniferV17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Princess: Thank you :) My colors are black and white with an accent color of hot pink. Oh a Halloween bride...that is awesome. I just love Halloween. What are your colors? What is your venue?

ekutlus : Thank you and thank you! My best friend who is also my Maid of Honor used Publix so I have been keeping them in mind, but I just wanted to explore my other options first.

Kris092988: I am actually in the process of attemepting to find a photographer right now. That is my next vendor that I want to get picked out. I have not meet with anyone yet, my first consultation is this Sunday actually. Does Michelle Davis offer anything close to 1,000ish? I am trying to stay as close to that as possible.

Thank you ladies for welcoming me :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome hun :) My colors are orange, black and dark purple! My vendor is the Embassy Suites on Baymeadows Rd. As far as a photographer in your budget. ..are you getting married inside or out? Not that it really matters but my photographer I am paying a great price for. Her outside weddings start at $750 her name is Amber Hoadley. If you contact her tell her I reccomended you. You can see one of my posts recently was one of our Engagment pictures she did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A great caterer in town is Anthony's catering. I recently went to a wedding they did downtown and it was awesome. Really good bartenders too! Her photographer was Fructuosa...Fructuoso? something like that, they were amazing too, not sure on price range. I'm getting married November 2012 and I'm determined to find my venue before I really start looking into all that... Good luck to you and Congratulations!!!!
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning (as of now) to use Publix bakery too.  The main decorator at the Publix on Baymeadows by 9A is fantastic!  I used to work there back in high school, and she's wonderful.

And where are you going dress shopping?  I just got my dress last week at the Bridal Shop at the Avenues, and the girl that helped me was wonderful (her name is Jenn), and I got a great discount on the dress too!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats good to know about that Publix because I am getting married over there and I will probably check out that Publix and get the cake there as opposed to the one by my house.
  • Options
    JenniferV17JenniferV17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    megguinness : Thank you, I will be sure to check out Anthony's Catering. I have been hearing about them on the message boards.

cswooley: Thank you for telling us about that particular Publix. After I have looked around a little bit, I will make sure to check that Publix out too. As far as dress shops, I had my MOH come up with list...she came up with 7, lol. I have heard good things about Jenn at the Bridal Shops at the Avenues so that one is def. on the list. There are two shops at the beaches that we are starting with...I know Park Avenue is on this list and of course David's Bridal is on there too.

princess: I think it is cool that you are being a very "true" halloween bride! Also thought it was cool that you got engaged at Disney :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    warning about the beaches, Black Tie formal is ridiculous; the girl's wedding I was in was almost ruined because of this crazy woman (Jan, the owner).
    They ordered the completely wrong flower girl dress in the wrong size, one of the BM dresses came in the wrong size and it was too late to re-order.
    They ran another BMs credit card twice causing her some serious overdrafts... They never returned the father of the bride's phone calls about a tux fitting so he wound up going to Men's wearhouse and the other shop girl there (Betsy) stood up the mother of the bride when came in for an appointment to fit and order her dress!!! so she had to go to David's...let see what else?
    They dyed the shoes the wrong color TWICE and were completely unapologetic and rude throughout the process.

The only thing they DID get right was the Bride's gown which was stunning but I do not recomend them to anyone...
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Jennifer you're a doll. I look forward to chatting with you more on here and learning about your planning! LaughingAnd thank you .. I realized afterwards that my future sister in law was engaged there as well as my best friend.
  • Options
    RayRaysDarlinRayRaysDarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! I'm recently engaged as well, and just startig the planning process =) I actually just got home from Publix, and they had LOTS to choose from. And the prices were less than what I found at the local bakery that I looked at as well. One of the girls that worked for Publix actually pulled out her cell phone and was showing me a bunch of different pictures that she took as she was decorating some of the cakes that she had done recently. They were beautiful. So, they don't only look good in their catalog and online. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your engagement! I am getting married May 19th 2012 at Palm Valley Gardens!!! We are using Mau Oui as our caterer! Nikki is super sweet! Fructoso was the photographer at my MOH's wedding. The pictures were beautiful! He is more than $1000. tho. I think Studio Blue has a good deal on pics for less than $1000.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards