New Jersey

Folding Chair Slipcovers

Hey there other Brides!

My venue has the most horrible metal folding chairs...and unfortunately, bringing in other chairs is NOT an option. I just found out about this, so I didn't include slipcovers in our budget...but I'd really really really like to cover them, if I can!  I'm wondering if there's a Bride out there who'd be willing to sell or give her chair covers away??

Thanks!!

Re: Folding Chair Slipcovers

• edited December 2011
    Why not try to make your own? Just buy some fabric and go for it lol That's what I would do.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, I would--but I'm only about a month out from the wedding and I'm pretty sure I'd lose it if I undertook that right now! I'm not the handiest of girls!
  • edited December 2011
    Are the chairs at your ceremony or reception venue?  Would just tying bows around them do?

I know that right now the chairs probably seem like a giant eyesore, but once you have the space decorated and full of people no one will notice them.  I recently got married and my husband was determined to get chair covers for our reception space because he hated the look of the chairs, but after attending another reception at our venue that didn't have chair covers he realized they'd be a total waste of money because you don't notice them at all.  And, just throwing this out there, but I think a chair cover often looks (and sometimes even feels) worse than just leaving a chair as is. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our venue is the same for the ceremony and the reception. I'm not so worried about the reception, as I agree with you--you probably won't notice! But I really don't like the look for the ceremony...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_folding-chair-slipcovers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:b961503e-5cda-40d5-86db-7fb188151e8cPost:5646d5f9-2ea1-4b7d-aade-468e39667fc9">Re: Folding Chair Slipcovers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our venue is the same for the ceremony and the reception. I'm not so worried about the reception, as I agree with you--you probably won't notice! But I really don't like the look for the ceremony...
    Posted by ArielLP[/QUOTE]
    Oh, if they're for the ceremony then DEFINITELY don't worry about them.  No one expects anything fancy for ceremony chairs... most venues just have folding chairs of some sort (some slightly nicer than others, but nothing special).  No one is going to judge you for them or think about them at all (especially once butts are in them)... trust me.  Plus, for a ceremony there's definitely no point in wasting money on covers that will be used for less than an hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards