North Carolina-Outer Banks

Lots of action...

...on this board lately (why what did you think this posting was about?!) and I LOVE it!  So many newbie and great veterans.  We have some MOBs and even a boy  (male, gentleman, you know what I mean).   I love checking the board and seeing dozens of new posts. 

It has been said before, but worth repeating, OBX brides/grooms/MOB are the BEST!  I have lurked around on other boards and there is some meanness that I see in many postings, people can be very opinionated and critical of one and other.  All I see and receive here is support from everyone.  It is amazing and I love it.  I am sticking to this board!  Thank you all!

That is all I got, just a feel good posting for everyone today!

BTW- today marks my one year to the day mark!  Yippeee

Re: Lots of action...

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

JAK---yayyyyy on the 1 year mark :)  You need to get a ticker so that we can watch the countdown with you.

I couldn't agree with you more and you must have been in my head b/c I was thinking about doing a post like this too, lol.  I am truly grateful to all of you for the advice that has been given and shared on everything from houses to caterers to flowers and all of the odd questions that fall in between.

I have been to other boards and the meanness has happened to me on more than one occasion....it was extremely upsetting to me and I just don't get it.  Believe it or not, I was told that I have an extremely annoying posting style, been told I was "the least fave poster" which was just downright hurtful and have even been reamed out for overuse of exclamation points before.....yes, I am very serious about this.  I left H.S. a looooonnngggg time ago and the meanness isn't for me. 

I know my place and I know where I belong....it's here with all of you.  Even after the wedding, I will still be here for all of our future obx brides and now grooms, to help with anything they need along the way.  We are here to support one another and answer questions and give advice and THAT is why I have special love for my obx crew :)

I love feel good posts like this.....the world could use a little more love and I have lots to give so keep 'em coming :)

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree 100% with you ladies. I too have had negative experience on other boards and stick only to ours now. It's true, OBX brides & grooms are the cream of the crop!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While I do not always have a lot to say I always enjoy reading everyone's posts!!  Thanks for all the advice ladies!!!! 
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX & Sarah-I actually made the mistake of posting something once and had my head taken off for my words of encouragement to the original poster- insane when I look back at it.  I didn't know enough about TK so I actually took it personally.  I ended up taking down my post I felt so dumb.  Then reading on the boards, I realized that was the norm, to tear people down for their opinions, beliefs, likes, etc.  Errrr, so annoying people can be so mean, especially to people they have never met.  Life is too short if you ask me. 

My FI is an amazing guy and I love him more than anything, but much different than Philly, he is not too interested in the details and day to day planning, that is there you all come in and I am grateful for that!

Anyways, first day of summer and the one year mark for me today, which prompted me to create this posting.  So much wonderful support here, thanks again!
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

& OBX, you will never be annoying here- your help is soooo invaluable.  I keep telling you that you should be an OBX wedding planner... :)

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks JAK :)

Some of the board are just nasty and mean like you said....I just don't get it really? I'm sorry to hear they did that to my JAK :( 

I told BBoo the other night that her and I would totally rock as planners!  Now, just convincing the FI to move down there is the tricky part.  He wants to whisk me away to Seattle but I am not ready to move at this point...or maybe ever on the West Coast.  I don't ever want to be that far away from my family and especially if we are going to be having some little rug-rats running around, I will want and need my mom close by.

Now, if he said to me tomorrow "let's move to nags head" bags would be packed within days and I mean that :)

Aaaaannnndddd I'm still waiting on your house info :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards