Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cupcakes...How to Store/Serve Them

Instead of the traditional cake, my fiance and I have opted to do cupcakes. In order to save on costs, and since I love to bake, we have decided to make them ourselves. I figure this is also a good project for the two of us to do together. :) However, I have run into a problem. I want to bake them a week ahead of time and I would like to ice them a few days in advance as well. Does anyone have any good ideas on how I could store them so the icing won't get messed up? Also, if there was a pretty way to display them that you can think of that would be great! I was thinking of trying to find a way to use them as part of my centerpieces....any grand ideas?
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cupcakes...How to Store/Serve Them

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a cupcake expert, but I would try and bake and frost them a couple days before and then store them in a fridge. You might want to invest in some cake boxes to store the cupcakes in. This way the frosting won't get messed up. I agree with Milkduds pictures. It's a very cute way to make them into centerpieces. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, do them as close to the wedding as possible. I make cakes for my kids birthdays all the time, and we usually bake the cake 2 days before and ice and decorate it the day before. It stays fine in the fridge but I think a week is pushing it. I know the leftover cake from the birthdays isn't so great after a week in the fridge.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A week ahead of time is a bit too long. They will go stale by then. I would bake them wednesday at the earliest. And ice them the day or 2 at the most before. I would store them in cake boxes in the fridge to keep the icing from melting and getting ruined. 

I too like the pictures milkduds posted. 
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    Lauren19.Lauren19. member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about storing them, but I've seen them displayed on sticks that are put in vases and sub as centerpieces. Looks like flowers but much tastier (and cheaper)!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards