Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

The Groom's Ceremony - Milking of the Venom!

Today we decided to work on our ceremony. I sent him some ideas and asked he put a ceremony together, I would do the same and we could compare. My groom just sent me his work. He did a great job, but added a special ceremony - just for the two of us...

Snake Ceremony / Milking of the Venom (Traditional)The snakes (all venom has already been removed), are removed from the ceremonial snake ceremony knapsack. The Bride will remove the first snake, and move toward the traditional venom jar. The groom will follow behind with the other snake. Together, both the bride and the groom will place their snakes open jaws onto the lip of the jar, and milk their snake’s fangs as the minister recites the traditional phrase: 

“These two snakes are individuals, each perfectly designed and capable of causing a painful death to their prey by paralysis of the nervous system. Just as Kenny and Dolly are individuals, who have chosen to combine their lives…we symbolize this union by the combining of these snakes venom, so that all who are present today can know that Ken and Dolly are truly a force to be reckoned with, a NEW and unmatched combination of nerve paralyzing venomous death!”

It was exactly what we needed. We worked hard today doing all kinds of planning. It is a hard task to work on all Sunday, we both laughed together.I asked him where he found it - I was impressed, he wrote it himself! Share it with your Groom to be - hope you laugh too. Tongue out

Re: The Groom's Ceremony - Milking of the Venom!

• Options
    JaymezcJaymezc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a zookeeper and avid herp enthusiast, this made my night! I will definitely share. Thanks for posting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards