New York-Hudson Valley

Do I Inform Guests?

My ceremony is outside at 11 AM in Oct.  I put on our website that guest may want to bring a jacket because it is outside but do I need to do anything else to inform them?

Re: Do I Inform Guests?

• edited December 2011
    Maybe if you have alternate plans in case of rain?
  • edited December 2011
    If I were attending an outdoor October wedding I would know to bring a jacket or shawl. Hopefully your guests would too...
  • foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married outside in October and you are so smart to write that on the invite.  I had my family, friends  call our guests a few days before when we realized it was going to be cool. 
    I had an additional card in the envelope that stated for them to bring their id, because I was getting married at The Thayer at West Point. 
  • wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I already got the invites and they don't say anything about it being an outside ceremony.  I did put it on our website but I don't know how else to inform them other than contacting each one.  What else can I do?

• edited December 2011

maybe you can type/print something up on a small card (think business card or smaller) informing your guests of the outside ceremony. it would be similar to what foreverbossy did for guests to bring an ID.

• MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_inform-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:4630cc6f-ec00-4966-83fd-6187fc1bb2ffPost:01bdbace-7783-4e42-91d6-59ce71203d19">Re: Do I Inform Guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I were attending an outdoor October wedding I would know to bring a jacket or shawl. Hopefully your guests would too...
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

<div>This!!!!!!
    </div>

• carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe you can type/print something up on a small card (think business card or smaller) informing your guests of the outside ceremony. it would be similar to what foreverbossy did for guests to bring an ID.
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

This , i would want to know to bring something so i could be comfortable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards