Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake and Cannoli

My fiance would like to have cannolis in addition to our one small tier of cake and cupcake tree (cupcakes for everyone, just enough cake to cut). If we do this how many cupcakes and cannolis do we get? Do we need to have one of each for every one of our 175 guests or is 130 or 150 of each enough since not everyone will take both things?

Re: Cake and Cannoli

• Options
    MommyMarta08MommyMarta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of each type just in case
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should have one cupcake and one cannoli pp. Will your venue/caterer be plating the dessert? Or will you be having dessert set out on a table?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd do one of each too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking a desert station may be the way to go because with two different kinds of cupcakes and three different kinds of cannoilis there are way too may possibilities to just plate them and hope for the best. Unless the waitstaff could have all of the selections on a try and let people pick what they want?

Sounds like mini cannolis for everyone are the way to go, we'll end up with a lot of uneaten food or people too stuffed to dance if we go with the regular cannolis and cupcakes if everyone takes one of each!
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of each, per person, because it would be just cruel to make a person choose between a cupcake and a cannoli! :)
    10-10-10
  • Options
    mastewarmastewar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe mini cupcakes and mini cannolis. That way you aren't overwhelming people - or paying full price for big cannolis/cupcakes just to see 2/3 of them left on the plate. I know it would drive me insane to see massive quantities of money wasted ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards