Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

wedding day blemish

did anyone have a wedding day blemish (pimples) did your make up person cover it well?

Re: wedding day blemish

• ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    I had a REALLY bad breakout on my chin and my make-up lady did a pretty good job covering it. She got rid of all the redness and with the "way" our photog took pics you can barely notice it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • one great way to get rid of the redness is to cut open a liquid advil or tylenol it will appear some what greasy after its been applied but let it sit then wipe it off...as far as covering it up I'm not exactly sure. Good Luck!!!
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I use Clean and Clear's acne spot treatment at the first sign of a pimple (like as soon as you feel that tingle under you skin and know you're getting a pimple) and it works wonders. I felt myself getting on the night before the wedding and put a dab on before bed and it was already gone by the morning.

I also got a redness reducing moisturizer from Clinque the week of my wedding, and it worked wonders! I have semi-blotchy skin and it really calmed it down and my skin looked near flawless on the big day! They also make a redness reducing face wash which I plan to pick up  next.
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Yep, I sure did. Right on my NOSE! She covered it up & no one could tell.
  • Yep! I had switched BCP a month before my wedding and it caused breakouts. I did see a dermatologist and got some topical stuff that helped. But if you're just talking one pimple, your MUA should be able to cover it.

Mine actually used a green concealer (sounds weird but worked wonders!) as I guess the darker, colored concealers work better for blemishes. The stuff you use to brighten up your under eyes can actually exacerbate it and draw attention to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • all great info to know!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There's this amazing primer from Smashbox, it's green, which is AMAZING if you have any redness in your skin. I have some pretty bad acne scars and it calms down the hyperpigmentation from them almost immediately. Also, if I feel a zit coming on at all, I use that Proactiv clay mask stuff. I don't like the other Proactive products, but that one I just dab it on the spot, leave it on overnight and it gets rid of it pretty quick.

If you have a dermatologist, like a PP said, if you get a breakout a day or 2 before the wedding, go to your derm and they'll inject it with a type of steroid and it disappears like overnight, it's fantastic. Hurts like  MOFO though... but worth it in the long run.

Any great MUA will be able to make a minor zit disappear. Just make sure you moisturize really well. and drink a SH*T ton of water leading up the wedding; water is the key to keeping your skin looking great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our MUA was amazing and made us all look and feel beautiful! I have blemishes but you could never tell on that day.
  • it depends on the makeup person...pre motherhood, my skin was clear...now...a lot of love...concealer...coverall....foundation and blend...just ask before you get someone to do your makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards