Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Scar on my finger

I need to make this short so i will get to the point. I have been getting alot of cuts on my hands from work just little nicks. Well back in october i had a Monatior ( lizard ) that i held at work for a halloween event and it cut up my hand. Well all the cuts healed pretty well except one. I now have a scar on my finger and its going to be visiable in pictures that i want like my parents of our left hands together. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of good scar removel creams or things. I know merderma but its a little on the expensive side and i know it takes months to get them to lighten up. Anyone have suggestions on something else. 

I'm ok with a slight scar but my mom picked up on it across the table and it wasnt even a bad cut when it happened. So anything will be great for it to be slightly better i dont want to have to pay extra for the photographer to take it out even on just a few pictures. 

Re: Scar on my finger

• Options
    There are a ton of scar creams out there, but honestly the more expensive ones tend to be better. Like Bio-oil, I've heard it's amazing (though I gave up trying to make my scars less visible before I could use it).

Alternatively you could head to a makeup store and ask them their best advice on covering it up. Even a costume shop with a movie makeup section may have some answers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly any photographer worth their salt should be able to photshop out scars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I third just mentioning it to your photographer - the photographer won't edit ALL your photos, but if your final selection includes a closeup of your hand just make sure to mention you'd like it removed...it's generally part of your package price.

As for creams etc. I hear that vitamin E lotions really help with this stuff.
  • Options
    SUNSCREEN! UV light is bad for scars. Put sunscreen on your finger every single day. It's more effective and probably cheaper than the creams
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a horrible burn over Christmas right under the bottom joint of my thumb.  Once it healed, I started slathering it with Mederma.  No change yet, but I'm hoping.  Otherwise, I'm just going to see what I can do with coverup.

But if I notice that anything's making a significant change, I'll come back and suggest it.  But, for now, Mederma:D  It's actually reasonably priced on Amazon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree about photoshop but you could also try makeup that is made for tattoo coverups.  Vitamin E has done wonderful things as well from what I've been told.
  • Options
    I'm coming at this as an RN and a former graphic designer.... For longterm care, use vitamin e oil.  The other chemicals can cause additional damage to your skin, however, the do work on the surface.  That said, there's no reason the defect can't be corrected in photo editing.  Just make sure your photographer does it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards