Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Royal Caribbean Cruise Off Shore Excursion Ideas?

My fiance and I are heading on a cruise for our Honeymoon. We are going to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Anyone have any suggestions on off shore excursions that are a must or any other pointers or must sees? We are both first time cruisers and want to make sure we do it right :) 

Re: Royal Caribbean Cruise Off Shore Excursion Ideas?

• Options
    in St. Thomas, I suggest you go shopping!! But avoid Diamonds International!!! All the shops listed in the Royal Caribbean shopping brochure are more expensive because they pay a percentage of their sales to Royal. We went to the House of Rajah and bought some beautiful tanzanite & diamond earings he custom made for me.

In St. Maarten we did a jeep excursion, just ok.

Is your Bahama stop at Nassau or coco cay? Coco cay is a private island, no need for an excursion there. You can hit the beach, rent or bring your own snorkel, relax. In Nassau, make sure go to Senor Frogs!

I love cruising, have fun!
    Our beautiful engagement pictures imageMy Bio... returning from hiatus
  • Options
    We went to the butterfly farm and Star Wars museum in St. Marteen. Both simple excursions but we had a great time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally agree with the poster about shopping - do some research beforehand and know what to look for in gems - they have some amazing tanzanite there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like we're doing the same cruise for our honeymoon! I'm a first time cruiser and FI has done them before so I'm following his lead. We have a couple excursions booked, but it's fun to read suggestions from ladies who have been there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your suggestions!! :) It's always nice to get the opion of others who have already had these experiences before I book something :)

• Options
    St. Thomas is famous for shopping. Avoid places cruisers go. And bargain! The island does have some beautifl beaches, and if you are more adventurous, you can take a boat to St. John too.

Bahamas. We went to the Atlantis resort. It was pretty fun. It was a crappy day, so beaches were not an option.

St. Maartin. We just stayed a week there. Be warned... they have NUDE beaches. Most are just topless, but we did see our fair share of totally naked people. I had no clue before we arrived. That being said, the cruise pier is loaded with tons of shopping. If you are adventurous, rent a car, and drive around to the French side. Amazing food and even more amazing Crepes. If you  like excursions, go out to one of the surrounding islands. St. Barths, Anguilla, and like 4 more I cant remember the name of.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_royal-caribbean-cruise-off-shore-excursion-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:86b9ac04-9778-47f5-8bc2-78aff8288796Post:90fd0032-0f1b-44f6-99c1-1bd847ffbe3d">Royal Caribbean Cruise Off Shore Excursion Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are heading on a cruise for our Honeymoon. We are going to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Anyone have any suggestions on off shore excursions that are a must or any other pointers or must sees? We are both first time cruisers and want to make sure we do it right :) 
    Posted by lisabcece[/QUOTE]

<div>When I was in Nassau I did a dolphin swim with Blue Lagoon.  It was a little pricey but it was FABULOUS!!!  At the time we went they would allow you to take your own waterproof camera into the water with you so you weren't forced to buy their pictures (but we did any way because they turned out amazing).</div><div>
    </div><div>St. Thomas has a wonderful beach called Sapphire Beach.  It is quiet and has very good walk in snorkling if that is something you are interested in.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you like van tours, I can recommend Bernard's Tours in St. Martin.  I normally don't like them myself, but I enjoyed the day with his tour guides.  Our family substituted the beach stop with the Butterfly Farm that was very interesting to see all of the butterflies.</div><div>
    </div><div>I recommend you doing research on CruiseCritic.com for specifics on your ship and the islands you are visiting.  They can provide information on things you may not have even thought about, especially if this is your first cruise.</div>
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    In St. Thomas we did the 1/2 Day Champagne Catamaran Sail to St. John and that was hands down our favorite shore excursion ever. Great crew, food, drinks, and snorkeling once you get to Honeymoon Beach in St. John. We relaxed on the way over, and partied on the way back... so much fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards