Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer meeting in Coffee Shop

I am meeting my photographer in a coffee shop. Who pays!?

Re: Photographer meeting in Coffee Shop

• edited December 2011
    We met our photographer in a coffee shop and we each bought our own drinks.  I actually asked a few friends this question too :)
  • PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He should offer, but you should pay for your own.  Especially if you're not sure whether or not you're going to work with him in the end.
  • edited December 2011
    separate bills
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also met our photographer at Starbucks, and she offered to pay for ours. It was a nice gesture.
  • edited December 2011
    We did the same thing with all 4 of our potential photographers and everybody bought their own coffee.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • inkulio73inkulio73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I meet clients outside of my office, I always pay.  It doesn't matter if we're having coffee, beers, or martinis - I always pay.
  • hmh5003hmh5003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we met with ours, we had already bought our own Starbucks since we were there early, so they actually went up and bought us a gift card for next time! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everybody for the advice
  • edited December 2011
    We pay for our clients when we meet at a coffee shops so they might step up.  I would just go in planning to pay for your own drink and then if they offer to pay, let them.  You might have to meet/interview several photographers before you find the perfect one and you don't want to be bankrupt on coffee meetings :-)  Have fun and best of luck planning!
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards