Just Engaged and Proposals

Proposal This Week! Help Me with Where to Start PLZZZ!!!!!!

My boyfriend just proposed to me this week. We just moved to a new state because he got a big promotion. Now that we are engaged I would like to start planning everything. I just do not know where to start. Can anybody give me some pointers?

Re: Proposal This Week! Help Me with Where to Start PLZZZ!!!!!!

• Step 1.  Calm down.  It's really exciting that you're engaged now (!!), but it sounds like you're freaking out a little, which isn't a good thing.

Step 2.  Have some really general conversations with your FI about the wedding.  What do you guys envision?  Something large or small and intimate?  Formal or casual?  Day or night?  What time of the year?  Etc.

Step 3.  Figure out how you'll pay for the wedding.  If you and your FI and paying yourselves, how much can you afford?  How much do you need to save?

Step 4.  Put your budget and date (an estimate is fine for both) into your knot profile.  It'll give you a broken down, month-by-month to-do list that will help you get some clarity.
  • Congratulations!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Congratulations :) Take a deep breath, you will be surprised how much you will be able to figure out from this website, it has been amazing for me thus far, and make use of the to do list :)
  • We started with a date.  Then tied down venues all while I was getting my dress, and other vendors lined up.  We did it all on top of each other because we planned the whole thing in 4 months.
  • Congrats!

My advice is to slow down and enjoy being engaged. Even if just for a week.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • I agree with Elle, with one exception. As hard as it is, try not to start planning RIGHT away. Give yourself, and FI at least a week, or two, to just enjoy the face that you are engaged and you have decided to spend your life together. This is a big, exciting moment in your life, take time to enjoy it before the crazy, also exciting, but slightly hectic, planning begins! Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards