Wedding Reception Forum
Options

September Wedding Colors

I am planning a September wedding. At first my color scheme was chocolate, champagne, and a deep purple. The linens where going to be the champagne and purple, and bridal party in chocolate.

The I came across a green and brown combo.. I still like the chocolate brown, but what shade of green would go best? And then what color should I put my bridesmaids in?

I was thinking a darker blue/green. Maybe like a Jade, or a navy blue. If I do that, I think a bold olive green would be best with the chocolate.

What do you think?

Re: September Wedding Colors

• Options
    My September wedding is chocolate brown with an olive green color... almost like camo...
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    I would probably lighten up the green.  Chocolate is pretty dark. Maybe do an apple green.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_september-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:525a9c45-df39-46e7-9c61-369790c2dd1aPost:d0f1f6a0-fa20-4385-ad25-77faedb8e422">Re: September Wedding Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]My September wedding is chocolate brown with an olive green color... almost like camo...
    Posted by tiffysue2012[/QUOTE]

What color are you putting your bridesmaids in?
  • Options
    Thank you, I found a color pallete, Steel Blue, (which I would use for my girls) and then olive green and latte, which all tied in nicely, but I'm still looking around for different shades.
  • Options
    my bridesmaids are in the chocolate brown
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    DD is doing celadon BM dresses (not quite an olive but not exactly sage either; it's kind of an odd green but very pretty); it is very close toi the linens called 'Willow' if that helps! The guys are wearing tan tuxes (Jim's calls it their 'destination tux') with latte (ushers) or green (GM) vests. 

Reception decor is latte, willow, chocolate, ivory ... she is using lots of orchids and grasses. It's kind of a sophisticated rustic vibe. Which I know sounds weird, but I think it's gonna work. 

I think an apple green would be gorgeous with the brown, too! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_september-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:525a9c45-df39-46e7-9c61-369790c2dd1aPost:93cc900b-0880-4a03-9a84-1b35d6bd1f34">Re: September Wedding Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]DD is doing celadon BM dresses (not quite an olive but not exactly sage either; it's kind of an odd green but very pretty); it is very close toi the linens called 'Willow' if that helps! The guys are wearing tan tuxes (Jim's calls it their 'destination tux') with latte (ushers) or green (GM) vests.  Reception decor is latte, willow, chocolate, ivory ... she is using lots of orchids and grasses. It's kind of a sophisticated rustic vibe. Which I know sounds weird, but I think it's gonna work.  I think an apple green would be gorgeous with the brown, too! 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

That sounds so pretty! That's my original theme, rustic, but now I'm leaning more towards a rustic but nature vibe, which is why I'm looking at a brown, green and blue. My fiance thinks I should leave the blue and green darker, and use latte instead of chocolate.

I'm just trying to think of two linen colors, then a color for the bridal party.

Then I guess flowers have to tie into that scheme as well?

And my save the dates are green, and I'm going to look for probably a green and whatever shade of brown I pick for invitations.

Boy, I'm so clueless to planning haha
  • Options
    I like champage for a September wedding. We are also doing September and going with Champagne, Dusty Pink and Cream. We have a vintage vibe going on though. I like lightening the colors in contrast to the typical vibe of the season. I think Champagne, Mossy Green and Chocolate would be a nice palette. I am not typically a fan of Champagne dresses so either the chocolate or green for the BM dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MOSSY GREEN! That is a good description of that celadon color. (Which by the way is a different color depending on who is calling it that as far as dress manufacturers are concerned! Confusing!) I'd do green or choco BM dresses. (And NO, brown bridesmaid dresses don't make people look like giant turds! LOL! My MOB dress is brown and I love it!)

I like your color scheme with the pink/champ/cream, too, Hwoy. Sounds very pretty! 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, I decided to go with an olive green, and a lighter brown, like a latte, and then a dark shade of blue for the BM/GM wear. Then I am going to probably use some ivory colored flowers as well.

Of course, the shades will differ slightly with the linens and such.
  • Options
    ITn Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_september-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:525a9c45-df39-46e7-9c61-369790c2dd1aPost:ac2a7b8d-b958-4ecd-8d58-8c791ed58791">September Wedding Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning a September wedding. At first my color scheme was chocolate, champagne, and a deep purple. The linens where going to be the champagne and purple, and bridal party in chocolate. The I came across a green and brown combo.. I still like the chocolate brown, but what shade of green would go best? And then what color should I put my bridesmaids in? I was thinking a darker blue/green. Maybe like a Jade, or a navy blue. If I do that, I think a bold olive green would be best with the chocolate. What do you think?
    Posted by burtonangel146[/QUOTE]

those colors sound great..have u considered some traditonal fall colors? reds,yellows, oranges,gold ? just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards