Virginia

Budget-Friendly Venues in Central VA.. Do they exist??

Hey all, I've just started planning my wedding and I'm looking for a venue that doesn't break the bank but that will still fit into our enchanted-forest theme. I would like to find somewhere that has an outdoor space available for the ceremony but can offer an indoor alternative in case of bad weather. If anyone has ideas about places I would really appreciate hearing them! Thanks!!

Re: Budget-Friendly Venues in Central VA.. Do they exist??

• zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you define your range for "Central VA" -- because I have friends from Richmond, Charlottesville, and Lynchburg all claiming that region. It's a pretty big space.

Generally I'd assume you mean the Richmond to Charlottesville area. I would suggest starting to think outside the box...

Have you considered caverns? Skyline Caverns up near Front Royal is supposed to be crazy beautiful--and they have a "Fairyland Lake" which might fit into your theme...and you wouldn't have to worry about a weather contingency plan. I know it's out of your area really, but it might be worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011

If you're looking for a venue in Central VA with an "enchanted forest" design and feeling, why not consider the Lynchburg, VA area?  Longacre Bed & Breakfast is perfect for you and it is located in Appomattox.  You may use the outdoors for your ceremony and/or the indoors as well and your immediate family or bridal party can stay in the B&B.  Another beautiful venue that matches your description is located in Nelson County, Oak Ridge Estate in Arrington.  You may rent the main house, the Carriage House or lawn ceremony only.  These would be ideal places to have a destination wedding for your guests and they are both budget-friendly.

• SariePSarieP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

www.earlyhouse.com

That is where my wedding was.  It is off of I64 between Richmond and Charlottesville.  That is where I had my wedding and it was incredible.  You can also find them on Facebook.  Kathy, the owner, is SUPER to work with! I have lots of recommendations for this area.

• scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out any one of the numerous vineyards in the Shen Valley.  Veritas is our favorite and they have a beautiful outdoor space as well as indoor ballroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards