California-Northern

Photographer in East Bay

We are looking for a photographer in mid-price range ($2000-$3000) that does quality work at outdoor venues.  We are getting married next September!  Please list any photographers you have used or that you know are worth looking into-- within our price range.  Thank you!

Re: Photographer in East Bay

• edited December 2011
    I haven't used her het, but Alison Yin almost meets your criteria. I interviewed her and really really like her. She's a bit more expensive, but she's amazing (i think it would run about $3200 or so).

www.alisonyinweddings.com

You can read some positive reviews of her on yelp too. I really like her and am definitely consdiering booking her for my July wedding. Good luck!

• clee50841clee50841 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea Bucheli Photography, she is located in Sacramento but she travels, we used her for our wedding last month, she was awesome...she also gives you a free engagement session...find her on Yelp in Sacramento..she has awesome reviews and thats how we found her
  • edited December 2011
    Encarnacion Photography www.encarnacionphotography.com. We ended up going with another photographer but Joanne and Jonathan are wonderful people,  have a great eye and are in your price range, They are located in the south bay but will travel.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Andrea Bucheli--she did our wedding in October 2009 and our pictures are AMAZING!! She was absolutely incredible and really reasonably priced.
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I interviewed a few and chose Julie Cheshire. She's been doing professional photography for 14 years in North Carolina and recently moved here when her husband got transfered so now she's building up her business here in the Bay Area. She's totally in your price range and takes awesome photos!  She works out of her home in Concord near Walnut Creek.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was just going to ask the same question, I am in the early planning stages of my wedding for Feb. 2012 and have been researching like crazy because of budget constraints I am trying to find a photographer who fits my budget. As I dont have budget to spend more then about 1500 out the door.  I looked into Julie Chesire but found her to be to expensive for me.  I am looking at photographers: Mallore Willms Photography, Bella Photography, and Kristy lynn photography interested me till I heard some awful things about her so now I am second guessing.  I I am feeling so overwealmed at this point.  I guess I should be thankful I am planning now two years in advance so I have some time to make a decision..... Please continue to post people so I can check them out....
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Opal Moments Photography. She had lowered her prices for a while, not sure if she has since raised them or not but definitely check her out! She's awesome!
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes you have the luxury of time on your side so you will find someone in your price range.  I suggest using the search feature of this board and search "photographer", it will bring up posts of people who have posted this very same question.  I know because that's what I did to find the photographers that I interviews.

Also remember that you can negotiate with the photographers, you can ask them to cut out some of the service(s) in their packages to reduce your cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • samstertwhsamstertwh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I went with Kristy from Kristy Lynn Photography for our July wedding. She is wonderful and we could not be happier with our photos. Check out her website http://www.kristylynnphotography.com/ if you look under her blogs there are a lot more examples of her work. She was really easy to work with and made sure that I was at ease the day of the wedding. She was also flexible with her packages, allowing us to substitute items of the same value to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. We did an engagement session with her (included in our package) and that was a great way for us to get to know each other better. So by the day of the wedding it was more like having a friend there to take photos rather than just another vendor. And she had a sneak peek up for us of about 12 photos the day after the wedding! I highly recommend Kristy!!
    Samantha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards