Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Gifts

My fi and I have everything we need for our house and we are not sure what to ask for in gifts from our guests.

any ideas?????
Thanks
Mr. & Mrs. Griffin

Re: Wedding Gifts

• You shouldn't ask for any sort of gifts because asking for gifts is rude.

You don't have to register if you don't want to. People will either go pick out a physical gift they think you will like, give a gift card/cash or give nothing if they're so inclined. You will probably get asked a bunch where you are registered though, so I might suggest making a small registry of upgrades: new sheets, new towles, a fancier coffee maker, what have you.

Some people want to buy physical gifts. Having a small registry gives them ideas of what you like and want. Without any road map, they are left to their own devices, which might mean you get something you absolutely hate and cannot return.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • do you have stuff that you would like to replace but just haven't had a real reason to?  for instance we don't like our pots and pans but they've worked for us.  When we register that will definitely be on the list.  or is there something you guys would like to have but just didn't have the funds (i.e. mixer).
  • Now is a good time to upgrade to nicer sheets, towels, cookware, etc.

We had everything we NEEDED, but a lot of it was the stuff I got at Target and Sams Club when I graduated from college ten years ago.  It was decent stuff, and had held up okay, but we registered for replacements of higher quality that will hopefully last the rest of our lives.  And our local Goodwill store is getting most of our old stuff.
    DSC_9275
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:8de7c5d9-040b-4f74-9b92-e67b2401e042Post:f7b08dca-32f1-47da-b7d7-77f92341884c">Re: Wedding Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now is a good time to upgrade to nicer sheets, towels, cookware, etc. We had everything we NEEDED, but a lot of it was the stuff I got at Target and Sams Club when I graduated from college ten years ago.  It was decent stuff, and had held up okay, but we registered for replacements of higher quality that will hopefully last the rest of our lives.  And our local Goodwill store is getting most of our old stuff.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

This.
    Lizzie
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Also think about things that are nice to have.  I only use my cake plate with a dome a few times a year, but for those few times I do use it, I'm really glad to have it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards