Florida-West Coast
Options

Invitation Help

Hi all... so I need some help. I need to pick out invitations and I don’t know where to start.  On top of that I’m not sure price wise what is too much for wedding invites. 

I could really use some recommendations. Thanks

-Tati

Re: Invitation Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you use the budget calculator on here and put your number of guests it will tell you how much you should spend per invitation.. of course if you are saving money elsewhere or want to save money on invitations and use it elsewhere you can spend more or less depending on your situation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought an invitation kit on sale at Target, and paid a former secretary to print them on her computer... 
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a couple of invitation places and also looked online and in magazines.  Once I found the one I wanted, I went to Party City and got my invites, reception cards, response cards with preprinted envelopes and all the envelopes (outer had the peel and stick so no licking) for about 30% less than everyone else.
  • Options
    ktwishktwish member
    edited December 2011
    I found the design I wanted on Etsy.com (there are 100's of options on there). Or if you know exactly what you want, there are plenty of talented artists who can make your ideas become reality. I was a little overwhelmed by invitations too, but you just have to dive in and start finding something you like!

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my invites from Michael's with a 40% coupon and printed them myself.  I wanted to save in that area of my budget
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It really does depend on your budet first off.  I knew that the invites were a big deal to me so I allocated  a little bit more of my budget towards them.  I also DIYed all of them though so I needed to allocate more time.  Also, don't forget to include stamps for the response cards as well as the invites themselves when you factor budget.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP.  My invitations were $76 less postage for 150 of them and I believe I'm on the extreme side of low cost.  I wanted to blow my money on other things.  I bought an invitation kit on sale for $15 each set of 50, bought some vellum paper for an overlay and some raffia to tie it together, printed them and it took me an entire day with help from one BM and myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards