Not Engaged Yet
Options

NEY Associations

Stolen from SB:
Spill. First impression of a poster and/or one thing you will ALWAYS associate her with.

ETA: If your impression has changed, how?
Anniversary

Re: NEY Associations

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sunbird aka HelloTarra was and still is a quirky person to me.  When I first started reading her posts she stuck out clearly to me, that's because I think she is such a fun loving person.

I was intimidated by Mutley and Oceana but after reading some posts and getting to know them better the POV has changed.  They just tell it like it is. 
  • Options
    When lunar started posting, I associated her with being super sweet and cheering people up with LOLcats.  Things haven't changed :)
    I loved yaga right away because of her science nerdiness.  Same goes for pee k.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I didn't have great first impression of Yaga (which she knows) but I think she is fantastic now :)

Battletoads (I can't remember your new SN!) I got the impression that we were separated at birth.

Lunar and Liv I thought were super sweet and caring (still do) and I always get them confused!

It's hard for me to remember when everyone started posting so I don't remember my first impressions of many of the posters.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I thought Yaga was black for a while. I honestly can't remember why, though. This has changed since she's, in fact, white. 

When Bean first started posting I was weirded out by the fact that she referred to her kid as "The Bean." But, I love The Bean SO MUCH now! 

I used to get Polo & Lennon confused all the damn time.

This is all I can think of at the moment. I might be back.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-associations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2f25c34-f084-4554-b0f0-7a4ba598df6bPost:17928737-09c7-4f43-a73f-4933f0dd451e">Re: NEY Associations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought Yaga was black for a while. I honestly can't remember why, though. This has changed since she's, in fact, white.  <strong>When Bean first started posting I was weirded out by the fact that she referred to her kid as "The Bean." But, I love The Bean SO MUCH now!</strong>  I used to get Polo & Lennon confused all the damn time. This is all I can think of at the moment. I might be back.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

He is, pretty much, the coolest kid around. Momma don't make nothin' ugly! Hahaha
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Liv=Charleston and hedgehogs

Lunar=excessive pictures, earth mother

Desert=that sig pic of her in her wedding dress with the wind (?) blowing her skirt up all cool

Yaga=UD

Rach=New Jersey

Nursey=got engaged pretty quickly, cash bar

Tiger=in that picture of you and your H with your dogs, I pictured you SO differently then I see you now. 

Beth=offended by Apple products for unknown reasons

Shoes=wedding in ME, make-up, drama

Bri=sports, Maine

Sousa=hilarious

Elle=Harry Potter

Allusive=my SS recipient

FlyGirl=planes, awesome pics with Hogan

Peek=gluten free

Jaycee=nursing school, pizza shop.

Lauren=my IRL frieeeend. cocktails when i'm sleep deprived and have not showered
  • Options
    I always think of a scarecrow when I see your avatar, Bean.

I will always remember CuTiger's early post about being NEY, she really drew me in to start posting. There was also a discussion about garter tosses that pulled me in.

Gosh I'm totally blanking on the rest of my first impressions.

• Options
    Yaga, SKP, RDR, Sous, and a few others, scared the poop out of me when I first started posting. Now I can't imagine why.

Mutley still intimidates the poop out of me. I have a feeling this will always be the case.

LaSak and Ely struck me as the sweetest, most kind hearted, women the world had ever seen. This still holds true.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-associations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2f25c34-f084-4554-b0f0-7a4ba598df6bPost:1985d1e2-7946-4c3a-b722-7cb510c1b620">Re: NEY Associations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaga, SKP, RDR, Sous, and a few others, scared the poop out of me when I first started posting. Now I can't imagine why. Mutley still intimidates the poop out of me. I have a feeling this will always be the case. <strong>LaSak and Ely struck me as the sweetest, most kind hearted, women the world had ever seen. This still holds true.</strong>
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]
    You just say this because I saved you a whole square of toilet paper.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-associations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2f25c34-f084-4554-b0f0-7a4ba598df6bPost:1985d1e2-7946-4c3a-b722-7cb510c1b620">Re: NEY Associations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaga, SKP, RDR, Sous, and a few others, scared the poop out of me when I first started posting. Now I can't imagine why. Mutley still intimidates the poop out of me. I have a feeling this will always be the case. <strong>LaSak and Ely struck me as the sweetest, most kind hearted, women the world had ever seen. This still holds true</strong>.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

So true.

I remember I when I first starting posting I saw rdr and I was like wow, yay someone from NJ. 

I quite intimidated by Shoes, Sousa and Mutley at first, of course I know know they are awesome women.  I don't remember anything else as of now.

Anniversary

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Elle - I thought was several years older than me (turns out I'm older by a few months). Harry Potter! Kindred spirit. 

Mutley - Terrifying and somewhat holier than thou attitude. I still think most of that but find myself agreeing with pretty much everything she says these days. I must have been missing something a couple years ago. Associate her with a pretty farm (b/c of her wedding bio).

Lyn - I pictured the woman from Hawaii 5-0. Because I thought she was a bad ass :) Still do. Hipster punching!

Tiger = Fellow ex-Upstate NYer

Sak = science buddy. Thought she was older than she is too. 

Desert = long advice posts. Thought she was less nice when I first started posting. . . now I want to snuggle her. 

I'm sure there could be more, but I need time to think. 
  • Options
    Rdr, I will always think of you when watching hockey.

I was sooo intimidated by Yaga. I thought she was heartless and kind of a b!itch. Obvs my impression was wrong. She's very kind and can be a b!tch when she wants to be. Really, she's hilarious and I miss her. 

I thought Shoes was a whiny person. I started posting when she was looking for a job and no one was hiring her. Everyone was calling her out right and left for doing nothing but complaining. That is nothing like the real shoes! She's much more down to earth and realistic than I thought at first. 

I've always remembered Desert as being very kind, but firm. 

Lunar was the LOLcat lady. Now that I've met her IRL, she's most definitely an earth mother. :)

My first impression of Bri was pretty spot on: boisterous and tenacious, with a good heart. 

Meg, I will always associate yellow labs, especially Hogan, with you! Oh, and cathedral settings. Thanks to you, I now know what they are (I think). 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-associations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2f25c34-f084-4554-b0f0-7a4ba598df6bPost:3560b464-90a2-4ecc-8814-99d930be1320">Re: NEY Associations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Liv=Charleston and hedgehogs Lunar=excessive pictures, earth mother Desert=that sig pic of her in her wedding dress with the wind (?) blowing her skirt up all cool Yaga=UD Rach=New Jersey Nursey=got engaged pretty quickly, cash bar <strong>Tiger=in that picture of you and your H with your dogs, I pictured you SO differently then I see you now</strong>.  Beth=offended by Apple products for unknown reasons Shoes=wedding in ME, make-up, drama Bri=sports, Maine Sousa=hilarious Elle=Harry Potter Allusive=my SS recipient FlyGirl=planes, awesome pics with Hogan Peek=gluten free Jaycee=nursing school, pizza shop. Lauren=my IRL frieeeend. cocktails when i'm sleep deprived and have not showered
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>ooh, what do you mean? Like b!tchier? Less b!tchy? Prettier? Uglier? lol</div><div>
    </div><div>-----</div><div>
    </div><div>I have a terrible memory, so I don't really have any first impressions. </div><div>
    </div><div>Cshiano - YEAH! Reformed Upstate NYers FTW.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Liv - I thought you were super awesome and sunshiney, because of your avitar. And I was right!

RDR - I was scared of you at first. I even remember telling Liv that I had suggested a meet-up for the Hunger Games release, but I was scared that you were going to be mean. Now you're my sisser :-)

Sousa - I didn't think I was going to like you, because your sig picture reminded me of this white trash bitcch I knew in high school. (I don't think I've ever told you, or anyone else that before.) But then you posted the Starbucks Trash Can story, we discovered we were both fuccking hysterical, and it was all downhill from there.

Audrua - I immediately thought you were awesome because you knew what I did for a job. No one EVER knows what I do!!

Tiger - I thought you were gorgeous, and oh so wise. I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Ely - I thought was just the sweetest thing alive. You were the first NEYer I met, and it made me so comfortable to meet other people, because you were just so amazing! I miss you, I wish you were around more.

Bean - I knew it was love when I found out you were a horsewoman as well. Also, you have the coolest kid on the planet.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Pee k - Your Valentine's card of you & Mo the Shark was one of my most favorite things ever. There's a picture I see online sometimes, about why the ocean is so salty, and it's because of all the tears from poor, misunderstood sharks, who just want to cuddle. I always think of you!

Sak - I'll always associate you with drunk texts. Because that's usually the only time you text me. And I love you hard for it.

Polo - I hated you. I still hate you.

JUST KIDDING. I pink puffy heart you.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    Bri - I knew I was going to love you.  I don't know why, but I had a feeling.

RDR - E.A.G.L.E.S.  I loved you when you first came on.  I love you more now that we hang out sometimes IRL. <3  Also, you're the sole responsibility holder for me being known as "You in the shark socks."

Irish - See above.

Sousa - You have always made me giggle so hard.  And that has not changed.

Tiger - You've always been such a great role model for me.  You're smart, you're driven at work, and pretty much who I want to be when I grow up.

Bean - Cupcakes.  Better than sex cupcakes.  That is our relationship.

Sak - You were my favorite science nerd after Oceana.

Oceana - I was so excited there was someone else who did what I wanted to do when I started posting.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    I'm going to add more. 

Lyn, you have such a unique sense of humor (in a great way) and I love it! You had me giggling so hard when I first started posting. And I knew you couldn't be super mean. 

Elle, I loved all of your HP references. I admired (and still do) your love for HP and grammar. You're kind, but you can also get snarky. :) Whenever I see a white and ginger cat, I think of you. You had lots of sweet words to offer me when my  puppies passed a couple months ago. 

Liv, every time I see a hedgehog I think of you and Earl. 

Buggle, the first post I remember reading of yours that really stuck out in my mind was from your trip to India. Now I think of a pretty lady, hair dildos, and electrocuting fish when I think of you. (PS, I get to see you in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-- all those are necessary)

Bean, when you and Bri both walked up in and where like HAI! I'm here! I was super jelly, but not ever really resentful. Just jelly. I wanted to be so super cool to just walk into a room full of strangers, poop in a trash can, and everyone actually care!! ;) 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Question, where is Yaga, haven't heard from her in forever!!
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-associations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2f25c34-f084-4554-b0f0-7a4ba598df6bPost:4a28fe0f-d4d0-454e-8a27-c1d3bc236c68">Re: NEY Associations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question, where is Yaga, haven't heard from her in forever!!
    Posted by FreeSpirit666[/QUOTE]

<div>There was an issue that came up and she had to stop posting. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-associations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2f25c34-f084-4554-b0f0-7a4ba598df6bPost:56d8be8b-f3a1-48f5-b971-98fc71cfce7b">Re: NEY Associations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEY Associations : There was an issue that came up and she had to stop posting. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, sorry to hear that, that bites
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to Re:NEY Associations:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEY Associations:LivCharleston and hedgehogs Lunarexcessive pictures, earth mother Desertthat sig pic of her in her wedding dress with the wind ? blowing her skirt up all cool YagaUD RachNew Jersey Nurseygot engaged pretty quickly, cash bar Tigerin that picture of you and your H with your dogs, I pictured you SO differently then I see you now.nbsp; Bethoffended by Apple products for unknown reasons Shoeswedding in ME, makeup, drama Brisports, Maine Sousahilarious ElleHarry Potter Allusivemy SS recipient FlyGirlplanes, awesome pics with Hogan Peekgluten free Jayceenursing school, pizza shop. Laurenmy IRL frieeeend. cocktails when i'm sleep deprived and have not showeredPosted by jorja86ooh, what do you mean? Like b!tchier? Less b!tchy? Prettier? Uglier? lolI have a terrible memory, so I don't really have any first impressions.nbsp;Cshiano YEAH! Reformed Upstate NYers FTW. Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

More...country, I think. I pictured you guys living in the mountains somewhere doing a lot of hunting and fishing. I have no idea what it was about that picture that made my mind go there, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards