New Jersey
Options

What is wrong with people?!?

We got a response back on Saturday that has no return address and they didn't put their names on it only a number 2 for people attending. Like I have time to try and figure out who the 2 mystery guests are. What is wrong with people?!?

Re: What is wrong with people?!?

• Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugggh, it was for that very reason that I put numbers corresponding to people's names on the back. So annoying though!

PS. Did you ever find a rehearsal dinner location?
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had that happen but luckily my dad's friend had a check in the envelope so that's how we knew who the mysterious person not attending was.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wrong-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f88b5b67-8f5a-45af-be97-bcbb58951c91Post:7a3dfbe8-0613-4a26-88c8-46d4b2165b5a">Re: What is wrong with people?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugggh, it was for that very reason that I put numbers corresponding to people's names on the back. So annoying though! PS. Did you ever find a rehearsal dinner location?
    Posted by Pink7781[/QUOTE]

Same here, I put the numbers on the back just in case.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wrong-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f88b5b67-8f5a-45af-be97-bcbb58951c91Post:7a3dfbe8-0613-4a26-88c8-46d4b2165b5a">Re: What is wrong with people?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugggh, it was for that very reason that I put numbers corresponding to people's names on the back.
    Posted by Pink7781[/QUOTE]
    My friend called me paranoid for doing this... so glad I did though!
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wrong-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f88b5b67-8f5a-45af-be97-bcbb58951c91Post:d19201f1-7be7-490f-b131-f6980bef7125">Re: What is wrong with people?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is wrong with people?!? : My friend called me paranoid for doing this... so glad I did though!
    Posted by rlb81[/QUOTE]

My friends called me paranoid too and OCD but I would rather be a little too prepared than not be able to figure out who someone was!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I would have done that! We sent our invites out and then a week later someone made a post about numbering them. I wish I would have known this a head of time.

Pink, thanks for asking! We decided on Mastoris. We looked into several places around that area and many of them didn't have the space for everyone. FI's parents decided they wanted to invite their immediate family from out of town along with the bridal party etc.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put the numbers as well, and people thought I was crazy too.  But I guess they didn't realize that people are dumb! SO sorry you have to try and figure out who its from.  We have gotten one back were the people filled out everything but their entrée choice so now I have to call them and say "What do you want to eat?" Yeah like I don't feel dumb doing that,  like I said people are dumb!
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    guess you won't know who it is until you get all the responses back..... that sucks though!  i also did the numbering (which one of my friends made fun of me for), but luckily didn't need to rely on them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was being a little paranoid and since I printed my own I put everyone's individual name on the RSVP... made life so much easier! And people thought it was so personalized... little did they know it was for my sake, not theirs. lol
    *~allie~*

• Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uggh that's so annoying.

We put numbers underneath the stamps so no one would know they were there.  We actually had quite a few (probably about 5) that came back with no name, so we peeled off the stamp and checked the number.  There's no way we would have been able to figure out who they were if it weren't for the numbers.
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh yum! I LOVE Mastori's. Have some cheese bread and cinnamon bread for me! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually finished stuffing and sorting and then realized I never did the number thing -- so I pulled them all out again and did it.  I figured that was less stressful than trying to figure out who a RSVP came from...
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wrong-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f88b5b67-8f5a-45af-be97-bcbb58951c91Post:fcb8d613-4b2b-4111-bc11-ab9b02613d01">Re: What is wrong with people?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uggh that's so annoying. We put numbers underneath the stamps so no one would know they were there.  We actually had quite a few (probably about 5) that came back with no name, so we peeled off the stamp and checked the number.  There's no way we would have been able to figure out who they were if it weren't for the numbers.
    Posted by DS0305[/QUOTE]

<div>I love this idea- I would have never thought of it!</div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards