Rhode Island
Options

biltmore in recievership---would this affect my wedding?

I love the biltmore but are there any brides out there who have heard anything about the contract since they are under new ownership?  What happens if something goes wrong?

Re: biltmore in recievership---would this affect my wedding?

• Options
    When I spoke to Scott last weekend he was very excited to have the sale to Finard Coventry Hotel Management finalized.  I feel it would be safe to book with them now.  But I'm a firm believer that if you feel like something isn't right, don't choose it/them for your wedding.  That's the approach my fiance and I are taking.  Weddings can be way too stressful on their own.  There is no need to choose to add more stress.

Paul & Nicole
    Glen Manor
    Portsmouth, RI
    Paul & Nicole 7.27.2013 Glen Manor Portsmouth, RI
  • Options
    Thanks. I love the place so much but I'm just so scared about what could happen. Did you end up booking with them or somewhere else?
  • Options

We booked Glen Manor for 7.27.13 because we wanted to be on the water and to have some privacy (be the only people at the facility for the day).  I could go on and on about how much we love the Glen but, as with every choice you make for your wedding, it should be a place that reflects your personalities and tastes.  The Biltmore is an amazingly beautiful place for a chic city wedding.

Paul & Nicole 7.27.2013 Glen Manor Portsmouth, RI
  • Options
    I've heard fantastic things about glen manor!! I may check it out after all,but their prices in rental fees seem high for the summer unless they are flexible. Did you not book Biltmore because you were just as worried? It is gorgeous but I'd rather be safe then sorry!
  • Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    You sound very uncomfortable with the situation, if I was that uncomfortable I would not book with a vendor. As PP said the best advice is to follow your gut.  I think you should talk to Scott, the receivership is not uncertain at this point since they have a buyer.  We can tell you what we think but it is best for you to talk to Scott directly to ensure your concerns are addressed. 

You need to be comfortable ultimately.  For example, for me, any vendor that missed meetings or was not responsive was immediately removed from my list.  It is a gorgeous one of a kind space however if you are not comfortable the planning process will not be enjoyable.  GL!
  • Options
    If I knew of any brides getting married there and I'f they could sure their knowledge of the whole concept or what they know about the contract, etc then it might make a difference in my comfort. Are there any brides that are booked there who can share their thoughts? I would appreciate it!
  • Options
    Our wedding is at the Biltmore this October. We booked before they went into receivership. Of course we were nervous, but Scott assured us things would be fine, and our contract was revised to protect us should anything happen. I absolutely love the Biltmore and I am so happy we chose to have our wedding there! I don't think you will have anything to worry about, but you have to be comfortable with your decision...good luck!! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your input :) it's a gorgeous venue. Does the contract reassure you that your wedding is guaranteed? Also is it likely that the new owners could change something or is that also in the contract? That is basically what I'm worried about and although the staff at the Biltmore says its fine, i know they also have to make a sale .
  • Options
    Yes our wedding is guaranteed, and if the Biltmore had closed we would have gotten all of our money back...nothing is changing with the Biltmore as far as the staff and catering.  Also the Biltmore itself can not be changed because it is an Historic building. 
  • Options
    That's a good point I didn't think about the fact of them not changing because it is a historic building. I guess one of my biggest concerns is about the new owners and if they too end up going bankrupt or something. Is what u just mentioned written in the contract that I would get?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards