April 2013 Weddings

When to send invitations

I ordered our invitations this weekend and I'm so excited - it seems more real now!  When are you planning on sending your invitations out?  I've heard the 6-8 weeks before the wedding rule but our since our venue requires our final number 2 weeks prior to the wedding, our response date is 3 weeks prior.  Should I send them earlier than 6-8 weeks?  What's everyone planning on doing?  TIA!

Re: When to send invitations

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    We are getting married April 5. We are sending ours out February 1 with a response date of March 5 :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are getting married April 27th and need responses a month in advance, March 27th, so I hope to send ours out by January 27th(8 weeks in advance).
  • You can send them up to 12 weeks in advance. Our wedding is April 13th, our final head count is due March 23rd so we are asking to RSVP by March 11th. We will probably send them out the end of January.
  • We are getting married April 7th. We plan on sending invitations February 7th, with an RSVP date of March 17th. That gives us a week to bug people who don't RSVP before our 2 week vendor deadline (10 day deadline technically, but I want give myself some cushion time).
  • allychaseallychase member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re:When to send invitations:We are getting married April 27th andnbsp;need responses a month in advance, March 27th, so I hope to send ours out by January 27th8 weeks in advance. Posted by lch0708 Do you mean February 27th? January is more like 13 weeks in advance, I'm getting married April 26th and sending them Feb 26th with a response date of April 6th. If you make it too early you have a greater chance of people who RSVP yes and end up being no shows cause there's too much time for something else to come up. An RSVP date of 4 weeks before the wedding is the soonest you should really ask for, anything earlier is too early ETA just see what you meant I thought you meant that was 8 weeks before the wedding
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sending mine out February 1 as well, wtih a response day of March 20th to give me time to track anyone down if need be before the venue needs the final numbers a week before April 6.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is April 14, and we need final numbers by March 14.  I will probably send out invites at the end of January.  It's a destination wedding, so I would think that people would know a month in advance whether they plan on booking airfare, hotel, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_when-to-send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:434423e8-0dbe-4bf5-98f4-0e96b7f650a7Post:ecc05e04-e748-43de-84ce-5c568fd01ea9">Re:When to send invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:When to send invitations:We are getting married April 27th andnbsp;need responses a month in advance, March 27th, so I hope to send ours out by January 27th8 weeks in advance. Posted by lch0708 Do you mean February 27th? January is more like 13 weeks in advance, I'm getting married April 26th and sending them Feb 26th with a response date of April 6th. If you make it too early you have a greater chance of people who RSVP yes and end up being no shows cause there's too much time for something else to come up. An RSVP date of 4 weeks before the wedding is the soonest you should really ask for, anything earlier is too early ETA just see what you meant I thought you meant that was 8 weeks before the wedding
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope...I meant January 27th because we need head counts by March 27th because we're renting A LOT(tent, chairs, tables, linens, place settings, etc).  My FMIL sells invitations so this was also her call.  Most of our guests have to travel at least 8 hrs to get to our wedding so our guests have been pretty responsive already.  No one except my immediate family actually lives within a 2 hr radius of the venue.  Also, we have a LOT of military invited so they need to ask off and get details well in advance.  FMIL is also paying for the invitations and she's been putting off ordering them for financial reasons so who knows if I'll actually get them out by the end of January.  I'm not too worried about it, honestly, because I agree, it does seem very early to send them. </div>
  • edited December 2012
    P.S. We did send out a save the date with our wedding website info on it for guests to plan ahead.  FMIL seems to think that no one will check this website but I think it's just her considering that we've had 1038 hits to date....Bless her heart.

Honestly, if she's willing to pay for them, I'm willing to send them whenever she'd like.  It's nice to catch a $$ break on something ;-)  If some of her guests don't respond bc they lose their RSVP card...guess who gets to call them: the one that has their phone # (not me!!)hehehe.
  • We got our invitations last week, so exciting! We'll probably send them out in mid January and ask for them back at the end of February.

Anniversary
  • We are ordering our invitations tomorrow!  Our wedding is April 20 and we'll be mailing them Feb 20th with a response date of April 8th.  That will give us time to make calls to those who didn't respond.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to get our invitations sorted out over Christmas. I think we'll send them at the end of January for overseas guests and a few weeks later for domestic guests. Our venue needs numbers 4 weeks in advance (seems really early to me...), so I think we'll make our RSVP deadline March 1st for our April 3rd wedding.
  • Our wedding is April 27th.  Sending out invites week of February 25th.  Our RSVP date is April 5th.
  • Im also a April 5th bride!! :) Were sending ours out at the end of January, and expecting rsvps by March 8th. :) So excited to finally be talking invites! I already have mine addressed, stuffed, and stamped. Just ready to send, im getting anxious about all of it actually coming together! :)
  • Hello!

We are hoping to have ours ready to send out (who am I kidding, we still have to order them!) Ordered and sent by the 3rd week in January.  We will put an RSVP date of 2-28-13.  It's far in advance, but we need to know for the venue! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards