California-Northern
Options

Bride on a Budget!!!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I have been glued to the computer trying to find a cheap enough venue for my wedding ceremony and reception. I am trying to find a cheap enough venue that will allow me to bring in my own catering. If I find that venue, then I would need to find a cheap enough caterer that fits my budget.
But if I found a venue that had food that was cheap enough, I wouldn't mind that either.

My budget for the wedding reception, ceremony, and food is $3000. I am having 100 people MAX. I want the wedding to be in the off season of next year, like October or November.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
:]]]

Re: Bride on a Budget!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having a Sunday wedding (Saturday requires 125 min) with 70 people and with the ceremony/reception/food/$500 bar credit we are paying about $3500.  We are getting married at Sun City Roseville - Timber Creek Lodge.  The ccordinator there is awesome!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    definitly do a Sunday wedding- much cheaper!  Look for civic venues (community centers, city owned properties).  We are getting a rustic golf clubhouse for $30 an hour and we can bring in our own caterer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fridays and Sundays will be WAAAY cheaper than a Saturday wedding. Check Elks Lodge , you will be able to bring in food, they usually have tables.  You might look into having it in a local park and just making it a casual BBQ reception. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not looking for anything in particular reguarding indoor or outdoor. I am from San Jose, but I would be willing to drive up to an hour and a half away.
    Thanks for all your help guys! :]
    Kepp the ideas coming!!!

ps, yes, october and november are considered off season around this area :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the santa cruz area off season goes all the way through Oct 31 (I know because my wedding is on halloween!!! GRRR) but the church we are having it at is very affordable, and you don't have to be religious, but it's beautiful. The name is the Seventh Day Adventist Church (the one on Cayuga) and we are paying like $600 for the church (including wc and A/V and organist) and I think the rental of the hall is like $1000 (I don't know exactly because we're having the reception elsewhere). They allow outside caterers but no alcohol I do believe. I would contact them if you are looking for a nice Santa cruz wedding...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Japanese Garden at Micke Grove in Lodi is super cheap. 

Here is a list of some places in the area:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a tough budget-  you'll get the msot bang for your buck if you limit your head count to 50 giving you $60.00 per person- and I would recommned considering a hotel - or possibly doing a simple champage and cake receptipon- 
    take a look at this link- great No. California Veneus in all price ranges

http://www.idovenues.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at the City of San Jose Park and Recs dept. If you don't care about having electricity for things like sound (i.e. dancing), they can be a really affordable option. There's a person that works for the city with the Park and Rec dept that can give you more details. Check out Vasona or Lake Cunningham Park also. Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should add that the city has community centers too that you can check out. I think I clicked around on the site below and found a couple of indoor locations (*just realizing that Oct-Nov is probs not good outdoor venue weather):

http://www.sjparks.org/weddings/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking to have my wedding at Hakone Gardens.  This is a japanese garden in saratoga not a regular venue or hotel.  I just got an appointment so I haven't officially worked with them yet, but I believe their pricing might be reasonable.  Maybe you want to check them out. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A great find, but It's a little tricky to get to and the decor is a little kitchy, but my friend is using it next month...

http://thenaturefriendscorporation.org/oaklandnf.htm

It's very close to a little park on top of the mountain thet they are using for the ceremony then going here for the reception.  It has a fan-freakin-tastic view of SF and parking.  They got the entire place for the entire day for (I think) under $1000.  It's an indoor/outdoor venue, has power and you can use their table/chairs.  I think they even have a sound system you can use but again, I'm not positive.
  • Options
    caliknolyncaliknolyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also it depends on when ur wedding is, mine is next october and i got to reserve my venue for 300 instead of 1000 because it was a year in advance :) also, we were considering a small restaruant, getting married in the back witht hem doing the catering for around 19 per person..not too bad :)
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my venue ladies!!! It is going to be at Vascaya Pavillion in Sacramento!!!! I am so happy with it, Kathy gave me a HUGE discount for a Friday night!!! Thanks for all your help!!! :]]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards