Wedding Reception Forum

Father/Daughter Dance Dilema

I have a dilema with a father/daughter dance. Is it inappropriate to have two dances? My mother insist on a father/daughter dance with my step-dad.

Re: Father/Daughter Dance Dilema

• It isn't inappropriate but don't make you guests sit through all those dances.  Usually I'm bored after the first dance.
  • I disagree with the person above me.  It is your wedding. If you want two dances, do so.  If you're worried about the time, edit the songs to a shorter length or do a song montage with two different songs so that it's shorter.  If you do a montage, have the dance start with your step dad and have your real dad cut in half way through.
  • Ditto duckie - guests don't want to sit through multiple dances - and the guests DO matter, regardless of what pp thinks.

If YOU want to dance with your step father, do your father daughter dance split between him and your dad.  If you don't, tell your mom to chill, and you will be sure to dance with stepdad during the evening.
  • If you have to have two dances, pick two short songs. Or have the father-stepdad dance at the same time as the mother-son dance.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards