Indiana-Indianapolis

Engagement Pictures Location?

Hi ladies!

I live in Carmel...I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of places to take engagement pictures?  I would really love an outdoorsy look with lots of flowers, water, etc.  I'm willing to travel to surrounding areas for these!!!
Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Pictures Location?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know Carmel well, but the IMA grounds, canal or Holcomb Gardens on Butler's campus are beautiful options closer to downtown.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMA is gorgeous, so is Holliday Park.  We did family pictures there a few years ago and their were great. 
  • shannahan84shannahan84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Avon Gardens on the west side is also really nice.  They charge just $20 for you to go and use their grounds for photo ops.
  • mrsalbeemrsalbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try Avon Gardens.  I wanted to get married there but it wasnt in my budget...but I saw pictures on their website and it looked beautiful!
    "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • heathert1981heathert1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The White River Gardens at the Indianapolis Zoo are gorgeous! That is actually where our wedding ceremony is going to be.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emilyec1emilyec1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're in Carmel, try the Japanese garden near the government complex  (it's really pretty!). There's also a big fountain there on the other side of the main gov't, building. 

There's also a huge rectangular pond near the Carmel Center apartments. I think they are owned by the city and have a very refined feel. My friends had their pictures done there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Avon Gardens, but for our engagement pictures we had them taken at IMA.  It was great, different sights and it's always taken care of! They turned out wonderful!
  • S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are from the carmel area too...

We are looking at doing our e-pics at the zoo...however they charge $150 for 1 hour, then $50 for every hour after that...

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards