New Mexico

Southern NM Brides?

Any girls out there having a wedding in southern NM?

Re: Southern NM Brides?

• BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mother wishes I was, but as hot as Albuquerque is in July, Las Cruces would kill our OOT guests. Which city are you in?
  • edited December 2011
    I am - I live in Las Cruces. But we're not in the planning stage yet so I probably can't help ya. Sorry :)
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
  • edited December 2011
    I am Las Cruces as well, but not planning yet.  Southern NM is so beautiful!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm living in Alamogordo currently, but planning on getting married in Deming where I'm originally from. We'll see what my options are in a small town like that! Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Las Cruces, and I'm already shaking my head at the limited options. God forbid you want to DIY most of your wedding and just need a venue..
  • edited December 2011
    Ha! I know what you mean, it is definitely a challenge to work with such limited resources around here.
  • edited December 2011
    I did my undergrad at NMSU and use to work for the Plant Sciences department at one of thier off-site buildings. If you are getting married when it's not a million degrees outside I would highly recommend renting the gazebo and surrounding grass at Fabian-Garcia Science Center --  if you are planning a small ceremony. Theresa is very nice and professional to work with. I think the prices are fairly affordable as well.

http://aces.nmsu.edu/aes/fabiangarcia/gazebo-rental.html#anchor_72093
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Ruidoso :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! It's sooo beautiful up there! (But pricey, too!) :)
  • elio23elio23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Katie.  I'm getting married in Las Cruces on 9/10/11.  We had been looking a venue since December and finally locked one down today.  Good Luck!
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Elio, what venue did you go with?
  • edited December 2011
    RadonOrchid, you are so lucky for getting married in Ruidoso! It is soo beautiful up there!

I once wanted to rent a cabin up there with SO, but a lot of them don't want unmarried couples!!!
  • edited December 2011

We live in Alamogordo and my daughter is getting married in Ruidoso.  It amazes me how difficult it is to find good vendors.  We are using a photographer from Albuquerque because we can't find anyone exceptional down here...

• edited December 2011
    I live in Alamogordo too, but I'm from Deming and that's where we are planning to have the wedding. It is soo difficult to plan for an event there because options are few and far between. I love the idea of having the reception in an old barn but don't even know where to start in finding one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards