Honeymoon Discussions

Trips within 4-6 hours of Pittsburgh

My FI and I are getting married the weekend before Thanksgiving, so we're planning to take our honeymoon after the holiday rush, but we're trying to come up with a little "mini"-moon, just 3-4 days away from it all to relax. Trying to stay within 4-6 hours of home in Pittsburgh but coming up with few options that time of year

Re: Trips within 4-6 hours of Pittsburgh

• 4-6 hours via car, train, plain? Philadelphia is pretty great!
  • NYC is probably a bit more... maybe 7 hours?!But that might be a good option.

• I second the Philly suggestion - do you like to eat?  My goodness, we have some of the best restaurants on the East Coast!

What about the Poconos?  You could rent a cabin, go skiing, enjoy the woods and cold weather. 
  • I second Philly. DC or Baltimore also come to mind.
  • Niagara Falls.
  • fly to the caribbean.....

• DC and Philly are great if you want a bustling city. If you want something a little bit more low key, I suggest Annapolis or a B&B on the eastern shore. One of my favorite places in the US.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Toronto!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I'm from Pittsburgh too! If you want something more relaxing I would suggest driving to Virginia wine country- its about an hour outside of DC so about a 4-5 hour drive from the Burgh. There are lots of B&Bs and you can just relax in the mountains and go to different wineries for a few days. I used to live in DC and we would take trips there a lot, its especially beautiful in the fall. I would definitely recommend Barrel Oak Winery, the owners are wonderful and all of their wines are amazing, plus there are a lot of other wineries very close to that one if you want to hop around. You also have the option of driving into DC for some sight seeing if you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_trips-within-4-6-hours-of-pittsburgh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a3f37510-040d-4817-8723-6edb58f20842Post:6ddf95bc-88c2-4b95-907e-24b82fab72b4">Re: Trips within 4-6 hours of Pittsburgh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second Philly. <strong><font color="#0000ff">DC</font></strong> or Baltimore also come to mind.
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

I second Washington, DC!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards