New York
Options

Short Rant

So I got a STD today for my cousin's wedding that is happening 3 weeks before mine and only my name was on the envelope!  I know that STDs are informal and I'm (pretty) sure my fiance will be invited, but I just think that's rude!  My cousin got engaged right as I was sending out my STDs so I only had his name on his, but I hadn't seen him since 2007 and he's only 9 months out of college, so I didn't know he had a serious girlfriend!  I suspect that they didn't put my FI's name on it on purpose. 

And yes, I am annoyed that I've had my date picked out for 9 months and they got engaged recently and picked a date 3 weeks ahead of mine.  (Don't judge me for that, please!  This is why I'm not posting this on the E-board.  Blah, blah, blah, I know I can't expect other people to plan around me and my wedding, but I feel how I feel.)

End rant.
Anniversary

Re: Short Rant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    nah, I do feel for you with the whole, planning forever feeling. Like my mother never really telling me she was engaged, but announcing in February that her wedding is May 1. Um... ?

Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats quick planning... is someone expecting??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha my sisters getting married Oct 22nd and I got pissed that she couldnt wait til 2012. Haha so I feel ya. You'll get over it and realize that you have too much going on to be concerned with their wedding, but I feel ya.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to know others have felt similar things!  Emie, your mom did not announce her engagement until February?  Wow.  And Bridgett, your sister is getting married this year?  I thought she just got engaged...

I doubt cousin's FI is expecting; they live in Missouri and things are just different there...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha she did. In Feb, married in Oct. Nothing long about it. She has her reasons and as much as I wish she'd wait, I understand

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...at least you'll be way happily married by then!  :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly! I warned her that once Im back from my HM im gunna be ready to turn her wedding plans upside down. Haha everything I wish I did, she will :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards