Moms and Maids
Options

Cute idea for out of state brides/BMs

Hi Everyone,
I just got engaged about a week and a half ago and am already in full swing of trying to plan things.  Unfortunately, my FH and I are from NY and currently living in CA, so it hasn't been easy (as I'm sure many of you can understand and are deailing with the same thing)!  
Anyway- since most of my BMs are back east, I wanted to do something other than sending a card or asking them over the phone to be in my wedding party. What I decided to do was write a silly poem about how much they mean to me and ending with asking them to be my bridesmaid.  I printed it on decorative paper and cut it out to 4x6.  Then i bought frames with four 4x6 openings and put the poem in one opening, 2 photos of me and the girl, and 1 photo of the girl, myself, and my FH together.  I decorated them with some cute dollar store gems and glitter paint.  So for about $2 each, I was able to ask them to be in my bridal party in a way that they will hopefully smile about and keep the frame as a memory.  
Just wanted to share in case anyone else was in my position and wanted a special way to ask your friends from afar to be a part of your special day!
-Cristina (:

Re: Cute idea for out of state brides/BMs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a cute idea :)

I didn't get asked to be MOH in my best friends wedding... first I knew about it was my mum told me the date my friend and I were to go dress shopping. My mum said that my friend had said 'well who else would I ask'... it was news to me! :P

When I asked the same girl to be my MOH, i sent an email (best way to get her to respond) saying some nice meaningful stuff and asking her to stand up with me.

I think thats a sweet thing you've done - and something they can keep. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How thoughtful of you! I'm sure they will be thrilled! And congrats btw, GL planning!! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    tinarextinarex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so funny about being MOH for you friend- my best friend from my childhood who I am not as close to now did the same thing to me.  A week before the wedding she was like "Oh don't forget to write a MOH toast."  And when I said I had no clue that I was the MOH she said "Of course you are we've been planning this since we were 4 years old!"  Luckily, since I've known her so long I was able to get a toast together pretty easily lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards