Moms and Maids
Options

Brides!

Hey girls! I'm one of the bridesmaids at my best friend's wedding and I was just wondering if there was anything you wish your bridesmaids would have done that they didn't. Thanks =)

Re: Brides!

• Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing.  They showed up and got their dresses.

When is the wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. THey only need to be there with their dresses on. If you would LIKE to do more for your friend, great. Go ahead and offer. She shouldn't be expecting anything of you though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's going to depend on your bride. A lot of women come on here complaining their bridal party isn't helping them enough, but some of us don't believe they are required to help at all.  

How involved do you want to be?  One of my bridesmaids knows nothing about weddings and told me I would need to tell her if I needed her to help or be doing anything. My other bridesmaid falls all over herself to help. She volunteers to help with everything, whether I need it or not. 

Depending on the kind of bride you have and how involved you want to be, I would say just let her know you're there to help if she needs you. It sounds like you're the kind who wants to help. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I would say is ask if she needs help, and if she does and you offer to do something, please follow through.

My MOH is the best and has helped me more than anyone in the party. She is my right arm. Another BM offered to help with some stuff and never told me she no longer wanted to do it, she just avoids it all together, so I'm just going to take care of it.

Just follow though and have fun with your friend :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

I am getting married this weekend and all I want my girls to do for me is to have a blast at the wedding.

They were amazing and threw me a bridal shower and my one BM and I went to Florida for a weekend for my bach party.  Neither of these things were I expecting or telling them to do for me.  They just did them and I love them for it.

Like PP said, just let the bride know that you are available if she needs anything and then follow through on it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well she's been one of my best friends since high school so I really want to help out and make sure she has a good time. Her MOH isn't helping much so I just want to make it the best experience for her. She isn't getting married till May 4, 2013 but figured to plan early and get a jump on things
  • Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, being that far out it was really too soon to pick the bridal party. For that reason, what if so and so doesn't help and feelings get hurt? Not saying it will happen, just possible.

But that's nice that you are willing to help her now, just keep it up and I'm sure everything will be fine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My only suggestion is make sure that two pieces of wedding cake are wrapped up and set aside for the bride and groom to take at the end of the night.  The only bite I got of mine was during the cake cutting and it was all frosting.  I heard the cake was delicious though.  :)

Other than that, be the friend you've been all along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards