Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What are you girls doing for centerpieces?

I was thinking about doing something like this. Or immersing peacock feathers, I just ordered the feathers so I don't know if it will work. I got some of my glassware from the dollar store and I don't want to spend too much on them. I already have a mirror for under the glass and extra small candles. but Idk.

What are you girls doing? I love hearing new centerpiece ideas and seeing photos. I think i have pinterested (is that a word?) candle centerpieces a thousand times but most of them look extremely expensive.

A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.

Re: What are you girls doing for centerpieces?

• Options
    I was thinking calla lilies and floating candles
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I just did low floral centerpieces in cubed vases.  I'm a flower girl.  Candles are beautiful too though.  Here were mine:

• Options
    I am going to do 3 different centerpieces so the tables have varying heights and I definitely will have one that is submerged.  I love yours.  I think the simpler the better.  I am torn between doing the three vases or just one big one.  I will also have one of the alternating centerpieces be very tall and then one low.  Then I am making shell bouquests for my bridesmaids and having them sit in vases on the bar and buffet and mine will be a combo of shells and silk flowers and that will be on our sweatheart table in a vase.

June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had alternating short and tall centerpieces. I don't have a pic on this computer of our short ones, but they were basically a flower arrangement in a short, black vase. Here's a pic of our taller ones where we used manzanita branches, some crystals and flowers:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    LiLe422LiLe422 member
    edited June 2012
    We will have 10-12 tables, so I am alternating with these 2 centerpieces.

Submerged white orchids surrounded in candles and small sea-shells.  (I will not be having the side pieces with calla lillies.)

White roses and lillies -or- orchids, (haven't made up my mind yet) again, surrounded in candles and small sea-shells.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    we are doing fish bowls with betta fish and floating candles sitting ontop of a mirror with three candes around them and diamond confetti!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-are-you-girls-doing-for-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:53c1ad4f-60b2-4c81-93b6-c0cc2899c6ebPost:16ec1a23-bd72-4a82-9c13-1fea7f1be696">What are you girls doing for centerpieces?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking about doing something like this. Or immersing peacock feathers, I just ordered the feathers so I don't know if it will work. I got some of my glassware from the dollar store and I don't want to spend too much on them. I already have a mirror for under the glass and extra small candles. but Idk. What are you girls doing? I love hearing new centerpiece ideas and seeing photos. I think i have pinterested (is that a word?) candle centerpieces a thousand times but most of them look extremely expensive.
    Posted by w102nao[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    All of our tables were a little different, but here are a few ideas of what our centerpieces looked like:

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We did branch centerpieces for the round tables, and tall vases with moss balls and fun curly branches. Both CP's had purple wooden roses. This was before we got the table numbers out - the table numbers were pictures of H and I at our favorite Philly places. The picture frame in the second picture was of my mom, my grandpa and my uncle on her wedding day that she wanted to put at my grandpa's table. :)

• Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-are-you-girls-doing-for-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:53c1ad4f-60b2-4c81-93b6-c0cc2899c6ebPost:cb097441-7272-4999-97c5-1ed58957b12e">Re: What are you girls doing for centerpieces?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are doing fish bowls with betta fish and floating candles sitting ontop of a mirror with three candes around them and diamond confetti!!! In Response to What are you girls doing for centerpieces? :
    Posted by bltqjt2515[/QUOTE]

Please don't do this. What is going to happen to the fish at the end of the night?  People likely will not want to take all of these home.  And a fish bowl is not really the right environment for live fish-they need tanks, filtration, food, etc. 
    Also, fish in centerpieces tend not to live through the events for which they are used as props.  I don't think your guests will appreciate a centerpiece with dead fish at their tables.
    Live animals as props or centerpieces is never a good idea.
  • Options
    Candelabras.  I decided against flowers because for $15-$20 tables there wasn't any amazing flower arranement I could do, but these were $22 each and I plan on selling them after the wedding for another bride to use :)
  • Options
    I have found a few ideas online.  For my wedding flowers, I'm doing all paper, fabric, and crochet flowers.  We are having long tables.  I'm going to do a combination of these two pics I found...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards