Flowers

Flower question from a newbie... (xpost from NYC board)

Hello there ladies!

Congratulations on all your upcoming weddings!

I'm actually posting looking for some help for a friend. She's getting married in October and she has asked me to help her with the flowers. We contacted a florist that she loves, and we got quotes for bouquets and boutonnieres. She has asked me if the prices are reasonable and I just don't know! We live in Brooklyn and when my DH and I got married we did it upstate and very cheaply. A friend of mine made my bouquet with wildflowers that I ordered wholesale so I really don't know what's reasonable!

If you could, please let me know if these prices are reasonable or if you think they're a little steep. I really appreciate the help!

bride's bouquet:$150
bridesmaid's bouquets (3): $90/each
wrist corsages (3): $30/each
groom's boutonniere: $25
groomsmen's boutonniere's (3): $20/each
boutonnieres for father/grandfather (2): $20/each

Thank you so much for your advice... I appreciate the help and so does my friend! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flower question from a newbie... (xpost from NYC board)

• I'd recommend asking this on the local board (to the left, click "Local Wedding Board" then find the one for you).

I understand NYC is very pricey, but those seem quite high.

FYI: If she's not really picky about the flowers, check the online websites, some of the brides can tell you about them. I got a 20 piece white rose wedding package from Costco for $399.
  • Thank you very much, Sue-n-Kevin.  I've posted on the NYC board as well, but it's a little slow.  I'll check the online prices as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I can say that that's a bit more expensive than what I'm paying in Ohio, but not so much so that I'd be suspect, since NYC prices are higher than Ohio prices. Our boutineres and corsages are significantly cheaper, but not the bouquets. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flower-question-from-a-newbie-xpost-from-nyc-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:aae819c4-a28c-4afa-97d7-2639162e93baPost:1220ca70-bf0f-4dbf-bcc5-feaf4bc6feea">Flower question from a newbie... (xpost from NYC board)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello there ladies! Congratulations on all your upcoming weddings! I'm actually posting looking for some help for a friend. She's getting married in October and she has asked me to help her with the flowers. We contacted a florist that she loves, and we got quotes for bouquets and boutonnieres. She has asked me if the prices are reasonable and I just don't know! We live in Brooklyn and when my DH and I got married we did it upstate and very cheaply. A friend of mine made my bouquet with wildflowers that I ordered wholesale so I really don't know what's reasonable! If you could, please let me know if these prices are reasonable or if you think they're a little steep. I really appreciate the help! bride's bouquet:$150 bridesmaid's bouquets (3): $90/each wrist corsages (3): $30/each groom's boutonniere: $25 groomsmen's boutonniere's (3): $20/each boutonnieres for father/grandfather (2): $20/each Thank you so much for your advice... I appreciate the help and so does my friend! :)
    Posted by traceyt07[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Im from CT so maybe I can help a little bit..</div><div>I know in a high end flower shop.. where im getting my flowers,</div><div>Brides can go from 150-250 depending, Bridesmaids can go from 85-150 depending, bouts are like 10-15 dollars and and corsages for moms are like 35. </div><div>So I think your prices are pretty reasonable for being in the city. And it all depends on what kind of flowers she is having too.. </div><div>I hope ths helps!</div><div>
    </div>
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012

It seems slightly high compared to what I paid -- but my wedding was in 2009.  Here were my prices (I did all roses for my personal flowers):

bride's bouquet:$150
    bridesmaid's bouquets: $65/each
    corsages (3): $20/each
    groom's boutonniere: $14
    groomsmen's boutonniere's: $11/each

So even adjusting for it being 2 years later, I think it's still a little high, although not by much.

• The prices for the bouquets and corsages seem pretty accurate from where I live...they are actually a bit on the lower side, but the bout prices are ridiculously expensive for what is involved.  Typically, in my area, they run about $12 a pop.  $20-$25 is a bit ridiculous for a bout.

• those corsage and bout prices seem a little high to me.  I would check around, and I second the costco or samsclub options if she isn't super picky on types of flowers.  You can get an entire package for a few hundred dollars and they have great reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards