Not Engaged Yet

Guilty pleasures

I hate to admit this, but I recently started watching Toddlers and Tiaras and I have a morbid fascination with how awful it is.  I've been zoning out in front of episodes while crocheting.  Please tell me I'm not alone and share your guilty pleasures.
Anniversary

Re: Guilty pleasures

• Mormon blogs.  Specifically Rockstart Diaries and Love and Photographs.  I can't get over their obsession with taking pictures of food, how all their clothes look like something from an Anthropologie catalog, and how much they love Coke.

And they are always freakin happy. Their kids apparently never fight or cry, and they never have bad days.  I mean EVER.

So I read them all the time.  Just to see if something changes.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hiding candy in my pantry and then discovering it a few weeks later.

I used to watch Toddlers & Tiaras too because of the sheer horror of it all.  I like to watch Teen Mom and especially 16 & Pregnant purely for the train wreck factor. I also like the show The Secret Life... it's so bad sometimes. 

I like looking at the wedding stuff on pinterest every once in awhile.

Anniversary

• The Bachelor. Several shows on TLC and Bravo. Ice cream for dinner approximately one time per week (cookie dough with caramel and chocolate crunchies). I could go on...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh man, The Secret Life...haven't watched that in awhile! 

I just saw a 4 year old get a spray tan, wash her fake hair in the sink, and then put in a set of fake teeth.  What.the.crap.
    Anniversary
  • steignsteign member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Teen Mom 2. I seriously hate them all but, I can't stop watching.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Why is it so hard to look away from all this crazy?  Ahh!
    Anniversary
  • Switched at Birth and Bunheads. H thinks I'm weird for watching teenager shows religiously, but whatever.
  • I heart the Bachelor and all its craziness.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I never got into bunheads, is it any good Jen?  

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:56143354-b714-4189-be33-007a68e973c3">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched Secret Life in it's entirety on Netflix while at work..I was done in like 3 weeks. True story. I'm not proud.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]
    lol I'm not proud that I've been watching it the 3-4 years it's been on the air....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:ef5b718e-56b7-4cd8-b43d-4854aad6d9d9">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never got into bunheads, is it any good Jen?  
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Its like watching a cousin show of Gilmore Girls. They talk so fast, I dig it.
  • I watched a lot of The Secret Life, but once everyone was having sex it was too much for me. It wasn't until college that "everyone" seemed to be having sex. Not 16 year olds.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:9af2dcb9-ca4f-430b-b5bf-e0499cbabb60">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched a lot of The Secret Life, but once everyone was having sex it was too much for me. It wasn't until college that "everyone" seemed to be having sex. Not 16 year olds.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]
    ha ha it was a bit ridiculous.  Made for a good drinking- take a drink every time someone mention sex....

Anniversary

• I have several guilty-pleasure shows:

The Bachelor
    16 and Pregnant
    Teen Mom (1 and 2)
    Pretty Little Liars (but I'm not that guilty over that one)
    Long Island Medium

Other guilty pleasures include YA and "chick-lit" books (I try to alternate those with "real" books), watching old BSB music videos on youtube, and the bowl of gingerbread ice cream I'm currently inhaling.
  • I watch Pretty Little Liars, The Bachelor, and Housewives of Bev. Hills and New Jersey...

My BF thinks I'm crazy for watching those shows but he loves switched at birth, glee, and more so he can't make fun of me.

I also find myself making smores constantly with a smore maker I got as a white elephant gift during Christmas. It's not good for me to have those things in my apartment!! I have hardly any self control when it comes to chocolate.
  • The show Catfish.  I will drop everything to watch it.  Also Here Comes Honey Boo Boo because I think it reminds me of my mother's family (they are real country).  Pinterest.  Also those stupid games on my iPad (words with friends, dice with friends, etc).  Oh and Glee, even though it hasn't been on in forever!  I want a new episode!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Somewhat new to this board, but couldn't resist posting mine:

- Vampire Diaries (also undergoing a Netflix marathon for this, I'm addicted)
     - also, YA books.  That's like, the only books that my book club reads.

May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wings with Mumbo sauce...O.M.G. They are the best things ever.
    Property Brothers/Buying and Selling, Love It or List It, I Hate My Kitchen/Bath and Kitchen/Bath Crashers. I freaking love all those home remodeling shows. I watch them every damn night. I'm obsessed with eventually finding a fixer upper and making it the most amazing house ever.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:95990201-dea6-4497-acc9-5b50889a461a">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Teen Mom 2. I seriously hate them all but, I can't stop watching.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

<div>H and I used to watch this all the time (yes, H watched it with me).  But then they got to the point where they are so stupid that it just pisses me off to watch their crap life choices. </div><div>
    </div><div>We're usually huge nerds though, so our guilty pleasure shows are things like Ancient Aliens and Finding Bigfoot.</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:0771ed64-ae72-4766-9b51-4e7d26d4d515">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guilty pleasures : H and I used to watch this all the time (yes, H watched it with me).  But then they got to the point where they are so stupid that it just pisses me off to watch their crap life choices.  We're usually huge nerds though, so our guilty pleasure shows are things like Ancient Aliens and Finding Bigfoot.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

I love Finding Bigfoot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm so glad someone else brought up Finding Bigfoot. They kill me.

Also, Property Virgins/House Hunters/My First Place, even though I usually want to throat punch them for complaining about wall color/appliances/tiles.

I'm not claiming PLL as a guilty pleasure because I effing love it. And I'm not sorry.

Microwave popcorn. Cadbury Mini Eggs (THEY'RE ALREADY OUTTTT!!!!). Cheez-its. Mt. Dew. Milano cookies.

*******************************************************************************************

• Guilty pleasure shows:

-16 & Pregnant
    -Teen Mom
    -The Bachelor

Miscellaneous:

-Cereal. Every and all kinds of cereal for dinner
    -Chocolate
    -Cosmopolitan and all the other "girl" magazines
    -Cudding with cats 

(and with that I realize all my misc. pleasures start with "c", so we might as well throw cookies in there as well).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:21967aa0-bffe-4df0-bdf0-69719d34eb95">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad someone else brought up Finding Bigfoot. They kill me. Also, Property Virgins/House Hunters/My First Place, <strong>even though I usually want to throat punch them for complaining about wall color/appliances/tiles</strong>. I'm not claiming PLL as a guilty pleasure because I effing love it. And I'm not sorry. Microwave popcorn. Cadbury Mini Eggs (THEY'RE ALREADY OUTTTT!!!!). Cheez-its. Mt. Dew. Milano cookies.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>There was an old Knottie that was on an episode of House Hunters.  Apparently, they don't film until you're under contract on a place, then they just find two other houses that are sort of similar to give you 'options', even though you already bought a house.  So they make you say things that you like/don't like about each house..so usually for the place you already bought, the easiest things to complain about are the paint and stuff.  </div>
    Anniversary
  • TV Shows:
    I would say all the shows I watch are guilty pleasures, but the worst offenders:
    Dance Moms (I can't stop watching even though I think there must be child abuse in every episode.)
    16 & Preggo/Teen Mom (I don't watch these as much, but they're trainwrecks and they make me sad for their kiddos.)
    Secret Life (I kinda love secret life.  But yea, I had my first kiss when all of them lost their virginities.  I would not fit in.)

Other:
    Choc chip cookies & milk (love this way too much)
    Cheese (but who doesn't love cheese?)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • We should have a massive gathering where we wear giant sweatpants, watch TV, and eat cookies and cheese and everything else.  It seems like the right thing to do.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:ec434265-2d65-4169-b316-85a33601f1b7">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should have a massive gathering where we wear giant sweatpants, watch TV, and eat cookies and cheese and everything else.  It seems like the right thing to do.
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

Oh, I like this idea! Can we gather all of the furbabies to join us??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_guilty-pleasures-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f2e9ea5-6c73-4047-aa5d-8523f2109008Post:ec434265-2d65-4169-b316-85a33601f1b7">Re: Guilty pleasures</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should have a massive gathering where we wear giant sweatpants, watch TV, and eat cookies and cheese and everything else.  It seems like the right thing to do.
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  And yes we should bring our furbabies as well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I never did see the episode of House Hunters International that EmilyinChile was on. We do watch a lot of House Hunters and other HGTV programming on the weekends. I also love The Soup on E.

Most everything else I watch is pretty standard, but I was having a Castle marathon last night, and I'm psyched for the Psych slumber party in February. I heart Nathan Fillion and James Roday.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/features/slumberparty/

• Dance Moms, Hoarders, and Intervention. Sometimes some Toddlers and Tiaras. I can't help it, I love the drama, and Hoarders reminds me that I need to clean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards