Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Is it wrong?

Is it wrong to check your registery to see what has been bought? My FI thinks I shouldn't be looking at it until after Christmas since we gave our registery info to close family for Christmas Ideas. He said it will take the surprise out of it. I think that the surprise will still be there because I don't know who bought it or even if they intend on giving it to us for christmas or the wedding. Besides I told him our registeries are a work in progress so we will be adding things and changing things as the wedding gets closer and we find out house.

What about you ladies? Have you been checking out your registeries?

Re: Is it wrong?

• Options
    If you didn't give it to that many people you're not going to run out of gifts, so you can't really use that excuse:) Also, unless you have a shower coming up, it's highly improbable people would buy gifts now for a September wedding, so don't kid yourself about tht either.

99.9% of gifts bought of your registry now will be for Christmas. If you want to look at it, look at it, but don't tell your FI what's been bought (since he obviously doesn't want to know) and don't kid yourself that it's anything but curiosity because these pretty much are guaranteed to be your Xmas gifts.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    OP - Take your FI's last name out of your siggy NOW.  We know from your TK homepage what his first name is.  There are crazies who will mess with your registry, vendors, call employers, etc.  I'm not saying this will happen but why risk it. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Registry stalking is one of the seven deadly sins so go and sin no more ;)

Trust me, everyone does it.
  • Options
    Everyone registry stalks.  Don't worry about it!

But, be prepared to not see a lot of action on it until closer to your shower/wedding.  I used to check mine about once a week and was always sad to see no changes.  Most stuff was bought about a week before the shower and a week before the wedding. 

have fun!  :)
  • Options
    I was just going to post that I just looked at mine & gifts were bought!!!  I'm positive they're for Christmas, so even though I told my FI gifts were purchased from it I didn't tell him what they are because one of them is specifically for him (that he doesn't know I added to the registry).  That will be a nice suprise for him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I registry stalked all the time--it did take the surprise out of it, and FI would yell at me about it but I couldn't help myself :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yea - guilty of stalking =/
  • Options
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. LOL I'm trying hard not to look but I did it again last night and saw 5 things were purchased off our BB&B registry. I'm so excited! I didn't mention it to FI though, he would say i'm goofy and tell me to stop looking. LOL

I'm trying hard not to look but its so exciting when you see something has been purchased!
  • Options
    hahaha yep im guilty, but wedding is april 30, so nothing has happened yet!
  • Options
    Totally guilty and thought I had discovered registry stalking.  I so want to be a snowflake but may have to accept that I'm basically just a flake.
  • Options

i cant wait to start my registry so i can go on it everyday hahah! it's totally okay! all my friends did it before theirs also

• Options
    I did it all the time but it was still a surprise who bought certain items! Plus we got gifts that we hadn't registered for. It's hard not to look so don't beat yourself up about it. I'm just glad that we are done and registries are complete so I can enjoy everything and not obsess over it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I looked once but then decided I wanted to be surprised and stopped.  I gave my mom the login info so that she could check it to make sure there was still enough stuff left.  After my showers I went on to update some things but now I wont go on again til after the wedding.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My FI said he didn't want to know but the moment I told him I had logged on to add things and saw some were purchased he jumped on to look too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards