July 2013 Weddings
Options

Manic Monday

What's going on in your life this week (wedding related, or not)? 

Mine is going to be a little crazy, followed by a lot of wonderful. :) 

Monday - grades for report cards are due, I'm not quite done yet. .  UGH
Tuesday - training session with my trainer in the evening after work, laundry, packing for our trip to MI
Wednesday - workout in the pool after work, more laundry/prep for MI
Thursday - 1/2 day at school, traning session with my trainer, packing/prep for MI, hit the road after FH gets done with work, arrive in MI (late, late, late)
Friday - relaxing at my Mom & Dad's house, working on wedding stuff, and helping my mom learn my Silhouette machine for shower stuff
Saturday - hanging out with my Sis, she's driving to my mom and dad's from college to see us while we're in MI
Sunday - Easter dinner at my Aunt's house

Re: Manic Monday

• Options
    I have portfolios due to graduate with my masters due next Tuesday, which of course I have not started, so that will be my manic monday, tuesday, wednesday, etc. LOL
  • Options
    FI gets back from his bachelor party today. I'm pretty darn excited! The week's goal is to get at least 3 work outs in before FI's sister visits on Friday for a week. I have a feeling working out will be hard once we have a house guest.

Wedding stuff to do--call flower lady again, finalize hair/make-up artist.
  • Options
    crysspearscrysspears member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    This week.. Im closing at work everyday (2-830. yay, NOT) Its a love hate relatonship because I can wake up at leisure and gym THEN work.. I just like to complain about it because its less QT time with FI

We also got good news yesterday! our "roommate" is moving out sometime this month, so if he comes home today we can get more info about when.

Wedding related.. FI and I got our wedding table squares, ordered our address stamp! and im going to return my shoes to amazon ): and I suppose hunting for new shoes.. 

I honestly cant believe how poor the wedding flat selection is... What do you ladies think of these?? FI says theyre too formal, but I kinda like them!

• Options
    It's one of my brothers' birthdays on Tuesday so I think FI and I are going to his house for a crawfish boil--which I'm pretty excited about because I've never had crawfish.

I have Friday off (9/80 schedule gives me every other Friday off!) and it's my mom's birthday so I'm thinking of taking her for a spa day or shopping or wine tasting. It's also my cousin's birthday that day so we are having family over for a BBQ to celebrate.

Saturday is my niece's last indoor soccer game of the season (I'm the coach). And then Easter Sunday we are doing church with my family and maybe a brunch cruise in SF with FI's family.

Now I just need to get through the work week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Belle0720Belle0720 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_manic-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3d8d70ed-8fef-4637-b699-563e1ca76ce9Post:8c8d3eb1-4af1-4900-bb9b-e64d75f0419e">Re: Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This week.. Im closing at work everyday (2-830. yay, NOT) Its a love hate relatonship because I can wake up at leisure and gym THEN work.. I just like to complain about it because its less QT time with FI We also got good news yesterday! our "roommate" is moving out sometime this month, so if he comes home today we can get more info about when. Wedding related.. FI and I got our wedding table squares, ordered our address stamp! and im going to return my shoes to amazon ): and I suppose hunting for new shoes..  I honestly cant believe how poor the wedding flat selection is... What do you ladies think of these?? FI says theyre too formal, but I kinda like them! <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.6pm.com/badgley-mischka-zudora-ash-satin?zlfid=186&recoName=6pm_pdp_acc&zfcTest=mat%3A1">http://www.6pm.com/badgley-mischka-zudora-ash-satin?zlfid=186&recoName=6pm_pdp_acc&zfcTest=mat%3A1</a>
    Posted by crysspears[/QUOTE]

I actually don't think those shoes are too formal at all...very pretty though!  I'm wearing badgley mischka heels for our wedding, love all of their stuff! What are your dress & venue like?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CKSillyPantsCKSillyPants member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Today I have to do school work. Hopefully I can squeeze in a workout before making Passover dinner (which is going to consist of matzo ball soup, and grilled chicken and veggies).

Tomorrow I will hopefully finish my homework. More exercise. I need to work on my nephew's baby blanket. Return my cable box to Comcast. Stop by Goodwill to drop some stuff off and look for jeans and summer dresses. Maybe some shoes too.

Wednesday: Workout and baby blanket in the morning. I have to be at work at 2:15. Since my manager is gone the rest of this week she wants me to make sure the guys are getting things done right. (Not including my manager there are three employees and I'm the oldest and the only one who will do what I need to without being told.)

Thursday: Will be a copy of Wednesday.

Friday: I work in the morning. In the afternoon we will be driving down to Portland where I will finally be able to see the dress my neighbor gave me in person! I want to try and sneak in a workout before FI gets off work or do it sometime after we get into Portland.

Saturday: Getting fitted for the corset my mom is making this week. Also, deciding exactly what modifications I want to make on the dress and hopefully starting that. I'd like to stop by and see my dad and stop and see my step dad but that depends on time. I'd like to work out as well, but it would have to be something short and sweet.

Sunday: SIL's 13th birthday! She's stoked that it's on Easter. FI and I are thinking of taking her to a movie or something during the day. MIL will be off work in the afternoon so we will go to an Easter/Birthday dinner somewhere. Again, I'd like to squeeze in a workout and I think it'll be easier to do that today than on Saturday. Also, Doctor Who returns and it must be watched! And then we drive back home to Tacoma sometime that night.

*Edited because my brain works faster than my fingers.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    The Dress : http://www.allurebridals.com/blog/posts/style-of-the-week-allure-romance-style-2557

I wish I could wear some of their heels! My ankle is still bad since I broke it last year! The bottom of the dres flls better in person and you can actually see the texture. Smile
  • Options
    Today I'm at work until 5:15. One of the toddlers in my class was sent home with the chicken pox, so myself and the other teachers have been on the lookout for other breakouts. Tomorrow my FI and I are applying for our passports. I can't wait to be on a beach. It's officially spring and still snowing in Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to this holiday weekend. I'm off on Good Friday and going to church and brunch with the inlaws on Easter.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_manic-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3d8d70ed-8fef-4637-b699-563e1ca76ce9Post:ba20c596-d07c-406f-bdb2-3d49d47ac9b7">Re: Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Dress :  <a href="http://www.allurebridals.com/blog/posts/style-of-the-week-allure-romance-style-2557" rel="nofollow">http://www.allurebridals.com/blog/posts/style-of-the-week-allure-romance-style-2557</a> Venue:  <a href="http://www.wedgewoodbanquet.com/fallbrook/index.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.wedgewoodbanquet.com/fallbrook/index.php</a> I wish I could wear some of their heels! My ankle is still bad since I broke it last year! The bottom of the dres flls better in person and you can actually see the texture. 

Beautiful dress! I was a BM in one of my BM's weddings at the Wedgewood Venue in San Ramon, definitely sounds like they make the whole planning process easier with their packages!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_manic-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3d8d70ed-8fef-4637-b699-563e1ca76ce9Post:95a1ef12-5b8c-4753-88cc-922996fe28a1">Re: Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manic Monday : Beautiful dress! I was a BM in one of my BM's weddings at the Wedgewood Venue in San Ramon, definitely sounds like they make the whole planning process easier with their packages!
    Posted by MissKristenWed84403[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you!! it really is great there! I was really afraid I woundht have to budget to have someone set up and take down and really didnt want to have my family/ me do any of that! So we got lucky! Do you remember how the food tasted/ what you had? (i know itll vary between cities but curious beause they dont do tastings)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_manic-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3d8d70ed-8fef-4637-b699-563e1ca76ce9Post:a15a09d4-2a5f-491b-8c35-ab731935e0cb">Re: Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manic Monday : Thank you!! it really is great there! I was really afraid I woundht have to budget to have someone set up and take down and really didnt want to have my family/ me do any of that! So we got lucky! Do you remember how the food tasted/ what you had? (i know itll vary between cities but curious beause they dont do tastings)

I know it was a buffet but I don't remember anything being either spectacular or particularly bad. That's too bad they don't do tastings, but I'm sure it'll be fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Works for me! As long as its edible and has somewhat good taste ill be okay!
  • Options
    kls33145kls33145 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    My report cards were due in today, too! I got the comments done during the snow day last week, so I just had to fill in their grades!! In first grade, it's just a number system, so no averaging or anything crazy like that! 

I'm tutoring wed and thurs, then Thursday night taking my sister out for a drink she finishes her clinicals and is officially a Dr! Holy crud!! 

I'm off of work on Friday so I'm helping my mother out and running errands for Sunday.....which also happens to be my birthday!! I used to hate when my birthday fell on Easter I actually think it's only happened once before and I remember it like it was yesterday!! but now, I just love spending time with my nieces and nephew....and plus, my FH will be off from work!! Yay! 

Wedding related, I've been working on the invitations, step by step... I just put the stamps on the return envelopes..and had already assembled and addressed them. Now I just need to put it all together, stamp those suckers and send em off! Prob end of April/early may! 

I also went out and got my jeweled headband yesterday!!! The boutique called it a tiara...but to me it's a headband. I'm obsessed with it!!! Of course, I fell in love with their most expensive one....isn't that how it always goes, though?? 

I have a wedding shower to go to this Saturday! I'm so excited to go! Yaaaayyy weddings!!!! 

I'm also fighting off an awful cold....but still went to kickboxing!! I'm 100% motivated and have lost 10lbs!!!! I've been eating way better and kicking my butt at the gym!! I'm 3 lbs away from where I want to be! 

Sorry for the long post! 

BY THE WAY!!! Thursday marks 100 days until my July 6th wedding!!!!! HAPPY 100 DAYS, date twins and others who will be seeing theirs soon!!!!! 

** edited because apparently when I post from my phone, it doesn't space my paragraphs.....muccchhhh better!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_manic-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3d8d70ed-8fef-4637-b699-563e1ca76ce9Post:065378ca-2f55-46a6-9b9d-8ede44c10274">Re:Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Happy early birthday!
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Today is my baby bro's birthday so FI and I made sure he got his bday gift since he lives in FL.
    Today I had the day off and spent it crafting for MOH's bridal shower. We also met up so she can get me her things for her unity candle- Im making it for her.

Other things on my plate this week are scheduling work hours through the end of May..ugh!
    We're trying to plan a trip to Ocean city with some friends for the end of June. At first we didnt want to spend the money but it seems like EVERYONE we know is going and I dont want to be the only ones left behind. ...no fun!  so im 90% talked FI into it, I hope he can get the time off from work *fingers crossed*

As for the rest of the week lots of OT..then its  3 day weekend. Woooo!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This week has been horrible so far. Unfortunately FI lost his current job. The school is attempting to find him another position and he has an interview tomorrow with a different department. We haven't spoken today because we are both so stressed.

I got envelopes stamped and sealed, got the material for table runners and made my garter today.

The rest of my week is filled with working and sewing table runners.

Piano lessons start on Thursday!! I am so excited to learn to play!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a little further behind in planning than most of you, but things are starting to come together! We already had our date, venue, and menu decided. This week, I found my dress and we decided on a photographer and photo package. I saved money on the dress, but we are paying more than we planned for photos, so I guess that kind of washes out. Next up, we need to find a florist and a cake.

I am also working full time and in grad school. And I haven't been feeling well lately due to some sinus crud that won't go away... So I am feeling generally behind in everything right now. Hopefully I'll feel caught up soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards