North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Need Venue Ideas - HELP!

Ladies,

I am meeting with my fiance this upcoming week to set a "date" and I wanted to discuss venues with him.

We are looking at two basic options : 1. Either the Crystal Coast (Beaufort and Cape Lookout) or going locally in the RDU area.

I can not seem to find a venue in RDU that I love. I want something that has space for an outdoor ceremony and a tented reception. If it could be on water, that would be even better. I do not need a wedding cordinator or food or bar. All that is covered. So that limits the bigger venues that I have fallen in love with, Highgrove, Farrington, Sutherland etc.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. We are working on a budget of 12K.

Re: Need Venue Ideas - HELP!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_need-venue-ideas-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:d3109015-20eb-4ac5-a3b3-88d846924b59Post:9e133399-4d3f-47c7-bee7-9262fb36cf28">Need Venue Ideas - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies, I am meeting with my fiance this upcoming week to set a "date" and I wanted to discuss venues with him. We are looking at two basic options : 1. Either the Crystal Coast (Beaufort and Cape Lookout) or going locally in the RDU area. I can not seem to find a venue in RDU that I love. I want something that has space for an outdoor ceremony and a tented reception. If it could be on water, that would be even better. I do not need a wedding cordinator or food or bar. All that is covered. So that limits the bigger venues that I have fallen in love with, Highgrove, Farrington, Sutherland etc. Please let me know if you have any ideas. We are working on a budget of 12K.
    Posted by acreasy[/QUOTE]

There is a hotel i n Durham, might be the doubletree in Durham ... i think they can do outdoor ceremony and tent reception - but I think it is going to be higher than your budget (saw it posted on another board)   it was too high for my budget and mine was twice yours...
    But i also saw you were not including alcohol - which is a big chunk in my budget

not needing food will limit where you can go , some places will not allow outside food, or only allow certain caterers....

There is a house in downtown cary i believe that would have everything except the water but i know they only have certain caterers too that they work with
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks :)  Not needing food seems to be causing a bit of a problem and may need to revisit that but still most places that include food also have a bar minimum which we will not meet. I used to work at the house in Cary and would not recommend it personally :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_need-venue-ideas-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:d3109015-20eb-4ac5-a3b3-88d846924b59Post:addeea1b-e8e0-495f-b1ee-97c6943bf90d">Re: Need Venue Ideas - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Need Venue Ideas - HELP! : There is a hotel i n Durham, might be the doubletree in Durham ... i think they can do outdoor ceremony and tent reception - but I think it is going to be higher than your budget (saw it posted on another board)   it was too high for my budget and mine was twice yours... But i also saw you were not including alcohol - which is a big chunk in my budget not needing food will limit where you can go , some places will not allow outside food, or only allow certain caterers....   There is a house in downtown cary i believe that would have everything except the water but i know they only have certain caterers too that they work with
    Posted by DMoore421[/QUOTE]
  • well i know the embassy suites does not have a bar minimum... i could have no alcohol if i chose and would not be paying for it.. but that's is just not my groups's style... but because of the hotel i cannot being in outside food with exception to the cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards