Ohio-Cleveland
Options

DJ's

We are searching for a DJ for our reception.  We want to make sure we get a DJ who follows the play and do not play lists, but keeps the dance floor full.  Suggestions???  Is there anyone we should NOT get??

Thanks!

Re: DJ's

• Options
    Lauren1102Lauren1102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the DJ that DJed at the bar we used to go to when we first met. As it turns out my cousins best friend is REALLY good friends with him and said he does an AMAZING job at weddings! I'm totally excited to have him! If you would like I'll give you his number or e-mail, if you tell him I referred you think he'll give you a deal!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ralpineralpine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I’d HIGHLY recommend The DJ Crew. My fiancé and I have been to four weddings in the last two years with them and they have by far been the most fun because of the music and atmosphere they create. They send two guys out to DJ and they work off of each other. I liked them because they don’t talk a ton and aren’t cheesy. I’ve been to some weddings where the DJ was really lame and talked the whole time. These guys did the announcements and that was it.

I called around to a lot of other DJ places and some were a bit more and I liked the fact that you got two DJs with them. Another thing I thought was cool about them was that there were some bands I liked and when I talked to the guy in charge (I think it’s John), he mixed one song into another and overlaid them. I’m not huge with club music, but I thought it was neat how he combined some of them.

Okay, that’s my input! If you have questions, let me know, or if you go with them mention my name and we both get fifty dollars off.It’s Rachele Alpine and my wedding is July 23, 2011. Good luck!  :)
  • Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren, any info you have would be great!
    Ralpine, I've looked into teh DJ Crew and I got concerned when a lot of the reviews I was reading mentioned that they invited potential clients to other receptions to see them in action.  I don't want their potential clients at my reception...it is MY reception, not their advertisement.  Have you heard anything about that??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kellys01... If they do have a potential client show up at your reception, it would only be for about 10-20 minutes. People typically don't stick around long. Just long enough to see if they like the DJs.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    ralpineralpine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did read that and spoke to them and specifically said that I didn't want that to happen.  They assured me that it wouldn't. They DJ events besides weddings where people can go and see them in action.  You can even get this into the contract if you want or in writing to make sure that it's followed through.  I had also been concerned about that and they were really good at understanding my wishes that I didn't want this to happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked DJ Scott from Sound Styles Unlimited.  We have known him for a couple of years.  We were considering Marino Brothers because of their reputation, plus they did my finance's sister's wedding and it was great! BUT we decided at the last minute to go with someone that we have known and that is important to us as a couple instead of someone that we didn't know.
  • Options
    kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jay R with Selective Sound is by far the best in Cleveland!  Have been to over 10 weddings this past year and everyone that he was at had the people on the floor all night long.  No stale wedding music that we have all heard 100 times by now was played.  The music was fresh and fun!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards