Flowers

wedding flower budget

Having trouble breathing after seeing how much flowers are. Just curious what other brides have budgeted for flowers and decor? 

Re: wedding flower budget

• I am spending $700 on flowers not including the centerpieces. I am doing these myself and will spend about $200 on a wholesale website.
  • For my bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, 2 corsages, and flowers for centerpieces (20 of them, all alstromeria) we are spending about $650.  The centerpieces we are DIYing and are ordering those flowers through fiftyflowers.com.
  • I think that you should post this on your local board.  Flower prices vary by region and the brides on your local board may be able to suggest florists in your area that aren't super expensive.

• Most budget calculators will tell you to estimate spending about 10% of your total wedding budget on flowers.  I came in around 8% for mine ($2300) and flowers were pretty important to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_wedding-flower-budget-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:cc4d921b-6532-4091-bb75-370397030e62Post:6ea9e7b6-6f04-4f30-a05e-02bab0ea0252">Re: wedding flower budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most budget calculators will tell you to estimate spending about 10% of your total wedding budget on flowers.  I came in around 8% for mine ($2300) and flowers were pretty important to me.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

The budget calculators are a good starting point, but they also assume equal emphasis on each of the wedding parts and don't take into account regional pricing, so I try to not put too much stock in them.  I'm only doing 1/3 of what the calculators recommend I do.  Flowers were important to me in that I knew what I wanted and I wanted just that, but I also didn't have a lot of areas I wanted the flowers.

I guess OP the best we can say is that if you pick a budget, you can always find ways to get at least most of what you want.  Decide what parts are most important to you, and start there.  The more flexible you can be with the florist, the lower the cost will be.  Give her the ability to substitute in similar flowers to what you want, and she'll be able to find stems that are cheaper but still give you the overall feel you were looking for.
  • I'm going to end up spending abour $2100 on flowers (i think, haven't finalized with florist yet). I too was SHOCKED with the amount flowers cost! If I was more organized or feeling more DIY I would try and purchase the flowers from a wholesaler and make them myself!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Is it too expensive to spend $600 on a florist for my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, 2 corsages and 2 big church arrangements for church? It's on Cape Cod so everything seems to be so much more, but it was my second contact and found it ok pricing, I'll be saving a little because my centerpieces will be with candles and shells/sand in a beachy style provided by the venue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_wedding-flower-budget-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:cc4d921b-6532-4091-bb75-370397030e62Post:0ccf378b-7697-46df-9c42-f5af39a148a2">Re: wedding flower budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it too expensive to spend $600 on a florist for my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, 2 corsages and 2 big church arrangements for church? It's on Cape Cod so everything seems to be so much more, but it was my second contact and found it ok pricing, I'll be saving a little because my centerpieces will be with candles and shells/sand in a beachy style provided by the venue.
    Posted by arimelo[/QUOTE]

Even disregarding the area you're going to be in, I think that sounds like a good deal.  Of course if you feel like it's too much you can always talk with the florist about potential substitutions to bring down the cost.
  • If you dont mind silk flowers I found a designer on Etsy. Ihttp://www.etsy.com/people/Rosesanddreams?ref=pr_profile
    After serching high and low I came across her 17pcs set for 190.00.  I am very happy that I am adding a few extras to this package and only spending a little over 200 with shipping cost.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards