Canada-Alberta
Options

Banff on a budget

Can anyone reccommend venues in Banff for the budget conscious lol

Re: Banff on a budget

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Banff and budget are not two words that really fit well together.
    we originally wanted to get married in Banff and when we started lookign into it, it wa WAY more then we wanted to spend. 
    so now we re getting married in Jamaica for a fraction of the cost.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Banff and I would say that if you are will ing to go on a slightly shoulder season date you will get a much better deal - having said that - i beleive that buffalo mountain lodge is somewhat reasonable as is Banff Park Lodge. Hidden Ridge resort has lots of rooms that could house a family or two because of the size, no wedding type space that I can think of - bonus they also have kitchens in the room. If you happen to be anglican the anglican church in Banff is SPECTACULAR.... good luck and happy planning
  • Options
    trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Panda Girl
    Congrats.
    I live in Banff and I'm planning my wedding here.  Sorry aummer1987 but Buffalo Mountain Lodge is NOT a budget friendly place to check out. You have to book a min of about 20 rooms, min F&B order and if I remember correctly it was over $2000 to rent the room. 
    Depending on your date you could check out the rec centre and hire a caterer.  I think the rental space will be ready by fall of 2010.  I would not reccomend spring in the rockies (it's May 5 and it's snowing here) mid to late June is usually ok weather wise and fall is a great time to come and the weather is still reasonalble. 
    Let me know if you have any other questions. 
    Trish
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sancronesancrone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a conference at the Radisson in Canmore.  They did quite a nice job, and I know that the conference I was at was not big budget.  There is a nice outdoor wedding venue for a ceremony that you rent from the town on Banff. It is called the Tunnel Mountain Resovior.They only rent it for weddings, and it is $221.00 if you are not local.  If you look at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge site, and go to weddings, there is a picture of it.  It is very near the Bufalo Mountain Lodge.  Ther is nothing saying that you can't have your ceremony in Banff, and your reception in Canmore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard of the Juniper Hotel? I stumbled upon it on Google one day & it looks amazing! Just wondering if anyone had heard good/bad about it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Fairmont Hotsprings in Fairmont BC. It is a bit of a drive from Banff but just as beautiful and MUCH cheaper!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Juniper Hotel is beautiful and the views are great too!  All I've heard is good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lromank0lromank0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into the Radission in Canmore as we are also thinking about getting married in the Banff area and it looks beautiful!

And we stayed in the Juniper Hotel my first time in Banff and it is absolutely gorgeous there!!
    "A daughter is a daughter all of her life, a son is a son until he takes a wife."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was actually disappointed in the Juniper! But we found a great place to have our reception, The Banff Park Lodge. It's a really good price too & we didn't have to book a block of rooms either, which was a plus.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can check out all the hotels in banff www.banfflakelouise.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Depending on the size of your reception, the Legion has a space for rent.  The town also rents a space in the seniors centre I believe, but neither are very fancy or anything.  The rundlestone lodge also has some space to rent, and I don't think they're to bad price-wise.

• Options
    gorgeousgoofgorgeousgoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you dont mind venturing our of Banff and into canmore you should look at the canmore golf and curling club, or Canmore Ranch, there is also the cornerstone dinner theater (a bit pricey but the food is cheap so it equals out). Another place to check out is the nordic centre however its quite high up on the mountaain and you would need to arrange some form of transport at the end of the night because the RCMP definitly will be at the bottom of the road waiting for those drinkers, but I think brewsters bus rentals are fairly resonable. As for the legion in Banff its really nice upstairs however the basement where your reception is held is like a rec room in a basement I'm only 5' and I felt like my head was going to hit the roof. If your really keen on banff, banff park lodge is really resonable and can be quite nice if done up right.
  • Options
    gorgeousgoofgorgeousgoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and as for the juniper its just as pricey as the Fairmont if not more so. If your having a large wedding its quite difficult to find a venue to hold you on the budget friendly side but if you have less than 80 you can pretty much go anywhere one place else thats beautiful to check out is emerald lake lodge so amazing and rustic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards