Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Were your shoes comfortable?

Hello! My wedding is in June and still need to find shoes. I'd like to hear from some of you what you thought of your shoes...basicallly, what brand you wore, were they comfortable and would you recommend them? thanks!

Re: Were your shoes comfortable?

• Options
    I found the closed toe, satin flats from Dessy very comfortable. I even used them while we ran around the airports for our honeymoon. They have become more comfortable the more I wear them. http://www.dessy.com/accessories/Pleated-Satin-Ballet-Flat/#.T0rhdCp5mc0
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm likely only going to wear flats or low heels in the quest for comfort. I've had good success with Le Chateau shoes (I think they're just in Canada though) in the past for comfort and style, so I'll probably try to find something there. If you have a favourite brand, I'd suggest looking for something there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    If you're looking for heels, try Qupid.  They're the only brand I wear and they are more comfortable than pricier brands like Steve Madden.
  • Options
    I wore some silver sparkly ballet flats from Macy's...  The price was great too at $30.  Payless also has a lot of flats right now.  I felt comfort was more important, and if you have a long dress no one sees the shoes anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    OK, no, my shoes were not comfortable about halfway through the reception. I wore 3.5-inch platform heels. So I went to my car during the reception and put on my Nike Shox. Yes, my skirt drug, but at that point I did not care. And it was fine. The main reason I wore heels? I am a freak about shoes -- I wanted pretty ones. Also, I stand up straighter in heels than I do with flats. So it was worth it.
  • Options
    I wore 4 inch heels by Moda and survived.
  • Options
    I can't remember the brand of shoes I wore, but they were a plain, white satin round-toed pump with a 2 inch heal. I have "square" feet, so pointed and peep toe styles just do not work on my foot, at all.

I also regularly purchase the "Tri-Comfort" orthotics from Dr. Sholl's (http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/productSearch.do?method=doProductDetailsLookup&searchArg=43) and wear them in pretty much all of my shoes. I slipped a set into my wedding shoes, and it was heavenly. I didn't have to take my shoes off at all and I danced all night.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    I wore my shoes up to the open floor dancing! I went to The Shoe Company.
  • Options

I wore Kate Spade Nicolina flats in bright blue.  They were very comfortable.  I broke them in learning to dance for our wedding.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod49970144&parentId=cat20090&masterId=cat261003&index=0&cmCat=cat000000cat200648cat203100cat261003cat20090

• Options
    My suggestion to you is to get gel insoles and bring a pair of comfy shoes just in case.  I wore my heels all night and was fine but they might not fit your feet the same.  Also, def. wear your shoes around the house for a few weeks to get used to them.
  • Options
    One of my biggest reqrets was that I wore 4 inch heels from the time I put on my dress, until the end of the ceremony and my feet were killing me.

I brought kitten heals for the reception, but it was too late. Wished I had worn the kitten heels all day!!!!
  • Options
    I had 6inch Guiseppe Zannotti with a 1 &  1/2 inch platform that were totally comfortable... until I took them off!!! LOL! thats when my feet started to hurt

• Options
    I don't remember the brand, but I know that they had a small heel and a strap at the back, so I didn't get any sores :) If your wedding is in June, this might be an idea as the back of the shoes is the part which causes most problems when wearing them.  Also, as someone else suggested - wearing them earlier and breaking them it my also help. Anyway, best of luck with your choice!
  • Options
    I am wearing my converse lolol...no one will even see them with my dress and I prefer comfort on my day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wearing two pairs. A pair of white, round toed, heels( about three inches( that i bought from payless for the ceremony and pictures and then changing into a pair of white wedge sandals (2 inches) from old navy for the reception. I have to have the extra height all day because my FI is incredibly tall (6'8"), but I'm not going to have my feet sore just so I can be taller. No one will see either pair anyway lol
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I bought a paid of strappy silver low heels from DEB for $20 and I love them, however when I wore them for my dress fitting I was in pain by the end of it. I am not a heels person and I know they will bother me on my wedding day, so I bought a pair of white sparkly Skecher flip flops for the reception and dancing. I will wear both again, but our wedding location has concrete floors and I don't want to be too uncomfrotable so I have two pairs planned.
  • Options
    I'm going barefoot! :)
  • Options
    I wore silver Jessica Simpson flats!  They were very comfortable!  I didn't think about my feet all day except to take pictures of my shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I got a pair of 3 inch heels called Valentine that were on clearance for 30 from 220. I'm changing into Vera Wang flats that has a small wood wedge inside the shoe. They are suepr cute and comfy and I'm ready to wear them everyday.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_were-your-shoes-comfortable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:405fe604-42eb-4f45-8ab6-46618571bbe3Post:8df4d1f9-4618-45a2-924f-e35632882419">Re: Were your shoes comfortable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going barefoot! :)
    Posted by mrsschussman[/QUOTE]

Me too! I did find some really cute barefoot sandals(basically jewelry for your feet) for the ceremony.  Will either wear flip flops or white satin ballet-type slippers for the reception.
  • Options

vera wang white shoes are SO comfortable. I'm not a high heel wearing girl, but I was able to wear those high heels.

• Options
    Beautiful pic. I need to find shoes too.

• Options
    I bought a pair of gorgeous heels that are perfect with my dress but I think when I go for alterations that I'm going to wear L.L. Bean slippers. My fiancè is tall so I'll be short that day but I want to be comfortable and I don't want to wear heels and then change and have my dress drag on the ground since it's an indoor/outdoor thing. I'll bring the shoes I bought for pictures though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm either going with sparkly  flats or strappy sandles. I refuse to do heels, I'm already 5'10 and my FI is 5'11. I don't wanna be taller than him lol.
    09/12- Dx PCOS; currently taking Metformin 1500mg.
    10/12-Married my best friend
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am wearing white flats from Payless.  They are cute and comforable and were only $25.  You will more than likely we wearing them for potentially 9 hours....wear something comfortable!  
  • Options
    White crochet toms :) comfortable, cute, and a good cause!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Found some cute Navy flats at Payless.  Affordable and pretty casual, but I figure they won't really be seen anyway.  Plus at 5'11" in an off-the-rack gown, I couldn't afford to add any height!
  • Options
    My wedding is in August and I'm pretty sure my shoes are only going to be comfy for a few hrs. They're fuschia satin platform pumps from Steve Madden. I also have some pink and orange flip flops i WILL be changing into as the night progreses.
  • Options
    They should have been. I have a very bad back and had them custom made to my feet, had a custom consultation & paid thru thee nose and out the a** for them to be perfect but the company I purchased them thru (that I found thru My Fair Wedding) is shoddy at best, mis-made my shoes several times and refused to correct them. And I was dealing with the owner and CEO. Embarrassing that she would allow her product to be so abhorrent and sub par. What was guaranteed to be to me in 2 months took 7 and there was no time for them to be fixed before our wedding. They created my shoes in the wrong size and lied to me for 3.5 months because they didn't want to admit they made a mistake. Hello people, they were for my wedding and cost 700 dollars, do you really think that I won't insist you deliver them to me?? idiots!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards