Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Couple Shower

My fiance his currently deployed to Afghanistan and we are also expecting our first child. Our wedding is set for June 11, 2011. My fiance will be back by March, so we were think about having a couple bridal shower so that everyone will get the chance to see him and meet our new baby whenever he gets back. Do you think this would be a good idea? I have never been to a couple's shower so what do I need to include or think about? Im open for any suggestions. Thank you :)

Re: Couple Shower

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, first of all you don't plan your own shower.

Also, couple showers are pretty laid back. More like a little get-together than anything.
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Don't do a couples shower.  Like PP said you are not supposed to throw your own shower, it's viewed a rude and gift grabby. 

However, you absolutely could throw your FI a welcome home party.  Make it relaxed, just food and drinks, everyone hanging out and talking.  Visiting with him and the new baby. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your MOH asks your opinion about what you would like your shower to be like, go ahead and mention it.I have been to a couples shower, and they are fun, but your MOH will have to make sure its male oriented too.

I do agree however, maybe you should just have a separate get together/party. Not only because then you will get to control everything that happens, but it's also more about seeing your fiance and the baby than getting gifts and wedding related.

ALSO having a couples shower is more expensive because you are having double the guests pretty much. So if your MOH doesnt mind, I dont see there being anything wrong with it, however the shower is supposed to be more of a gift from your family and friends, so it may look bad to start asking for things.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sgeorge90sgeorge90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would consider it more of a Wedding Shower since it is close to your wedding date.  I think it is a great idea, a few games.. like how well do you know your partner, maybe hand out wedding favors.  Possibly register for wedding gifts and guests and bring gifts for both the couple and the new baby.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As some PPs said, you can't host a pre-wedding party in honor of yourselves.

BUT if someone wants to that's fine.

In the meantime, you can certainly throw a welcome home party but it could be just that  - a welcome home event.  It would not be a welcome home and shower or anything that has to do with the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards