Ohio-Columbus
Options

my.hair.hates.me.

i'm convinced my hair is out to get me. all i want it to do is growwwwwwwwwww and have beautiful long locks for my wedding. i've tried having it trimmed on the reg, vitamins, satin pillow, etc. i swear it has been the same length for four years.

i'm about one breakdown away from doing the 100 strokes a day with an oversized brush.  

any stylists on here that can give some additional tips?
It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way. Frank Sinatra

Re: my.hair.hates.me.

• Options
    AshLWAshLW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ughh!! I am in the exact same boat.  My hairstylist (and BM) has me on a "hair plan" and won't cut my hair for me unless it absolutely needs it.  I have a short bob so I really notice when it's starting to look funked up and it's driving me insane.

I think I am going to start taking pre-natal vitamins.  I've heard those help your hair and nails grow like cuh-raz-y.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They actually suggest taking prenatals before you plan on getting pregnant to get your body ready for it. Not sure if you're supposed to take them long-term, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prenatal vitamins are very important to start taking before you get pregnant, so that you can have the correct amount of folic acid to prevent neural tube defects. I have read that you should start 2 months before you start trying to get pregnant, it is completely safe to take them without being pregnant. 

Also, I would say biotin and omega 3s should help your hair grow. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way! i had gotten a perm that was supposed to be a simple body wave, and i came out with an 80's big hair perm! it was AWFUL and my hair just kept breaking off, i ended up having to get 6 inches chopped off my hair.  and to top it off my hair sheds like crazy, idk how i am not bald! lol i actually started going to get deep-conditioning treatments once a week.  I went the cheap route and went to first choice haircutters (since i figured i would have to go a lot) and got the redken treatments for $6 and they can be customized to fit your hair type! my hair still is taking forever to grow, but it looks and feels uh-may-zing! Were you taking vitamin b pills?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am taking biotin i think. i'm taking vitamins for metabolism (weight loss attempt), my hair, and energy. so im not 100% sure if its biotin.

i've heard about prenatal vitamins before as well... is it healthy for someone thats not prego to take these? i guess that would give me a headstart on the months following the wedding :) haha.
    It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way. Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hot products are hard on your hair and often split the ends. I try to only use one type a day (either blow dry/flat iron). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards