California-Los Angeles
Options

Invitation & Save the Dates!!

I need good recommendations for invitations websites and save the dates. I want the magnet save the dates and the best I've found so far are on magnetstreet.com abou $100 for 50-75.

As for invites I'm not sure what I want yet (romantic, floral, nature, contemporary, monogram) but only need 75-100 don't want to spend too much around 300.

Please help!

Re: Invitation & Save the Dates!!

• Options
    spiderwebsspiderwebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

LOL! I just logged on to post the same question on invites! I went to three different places yesterday and was wondering where others got theirs and how much they paid.

I went to I do Concepts in San Gabriel and was quoted about 400 for 50 invites.

Then I went to Paper Wonders, also in San Gabriel and theirs range from about 3 dollars to 6 dollars an invite. Though they had an option to semi DIY where they give you the material pre-cut and you put it all together, saving about 1 dollar or so on some invites.

Finally I went to Alfred Angelo where I bought my dress and they have a great selection of designs from very affordable to very intricate.  I found this great pocketfold that came out to about 250 for 75 after my discount (because I purchased my dress from them).

I did my Save the Dates myself on Vistaprint, and they also do magnets. They always have sales and promotions, so if you're not pressed for time, I'd wait until they went on sale.

Where did everyone else get their invites? Is 250 too pricey for 75 pocketfold invites?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my invites through costco and they were fantastic!  150 invites + response cards + envelopes for around $200.  STDs I got through VistaPrint.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_invitation-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:12641485-c3db-4df4-b0ee-56424b2293aePost:fbffe8bc-8da8-4ecf-b37c-5d885806ef9c">Re: Invitation & Save the Dates!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Finally I went to Alfred Angelo where I bought my dress and they have a great selection of designs from very affordable to very intricate.  I found this great pocketfold that came out to about 250 for 75 after my discount (because I purchased my dress from them). Posted by spiderwebs[/QUOTE]

Where can I find the Alfred Angelo invitations?  Is there an online link or are they on display in the store?  Thanks!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased mine through weddingpaperdivas.com and for 75 invitations, envelopes (with printed return address), RSVP cards and envelopes (and printed return address) was about $300.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made my pocketfolds, and they were about $1 apiece (maybe even less!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For Save the Dates I just designed 100 free postcards in Vistaprint. With shipping and postage, I paid a total of about $12.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    scurtis07scurtis07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at minted.com. kind of a half do it yourself with an overall lay out, but they have some awesome varieties, whether it is save the dates or invites! traditional, beachy, modern, and all sorts of colors.
  • Options
    spiderwebsspiderwebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_invitation-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:12641485-c3db-4df4-b0ee-56424b2293aePost:1bdfb5d2-5a24-41c5-bf88-5ba266a3743c">Re: Invitation & Save the Dates!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation & Save the Dates!! : Where can I find the Alfred Angelo invitations?  Is there an online link or are they on display in the store?  Thanks!
    Posted by binababy28[/QUOTE]

Hey girl, I know this is way late, but the invites are only in the store. They have one desk with a bunch of books filled with sample invites. However I'm pretty sure their designs are not excclusive to Alfred Angelo. I can't remember all the names of the companies they work with but two are Carlson Craft and Birchcraft. If you google them you can find the same thing online. I've been searching in the last few weeks, and even the semi-diy is more expensive than the what Alfred's is quoting me (with my discount of course!).

Does anyone know of any local or online vendors that do pocketfold invites at a reasonable price? Say less than 300 for about 75?

Thanks in Advance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DeniseF7DeniseF7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had shopped the printers for custom Save the Dates and wasn't happy.

My suggestions  is Vromans In Pasadena. There is a separate shop 2 doors down from the Bookstore on Colorado.  They have tons of books and even better, they can do anything you want custom really reasonable.  Suzy did a great job on my custom order and when I looked at my final proofs I had tears in my eyes as she added a couple of extra special touches as a surprise if I liked it.  Also they are really fast on the custom printing stuff right from the store. And much more reasonable than these Kinkos or print shops. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards