Rhode Island
Options

Intro

Hi everyone!

I've been a member of TK since 06, in hopes of a wedding. My mom has graciously offered to help us make that dream finally come true. My partner and I are planning our wedding for next Fall (we think). We originally thought we were going to use the Caterer who did our Engagment party, but our research is showing that if she took us on, she would be taking a HUGE cut and I don't feel right about that. She has a large company and has plenty of opportunity to make money elsewhere. I think I can also personalize our decorations better, b/c I can DIY as much as possible and resell what I can later. With the Caterer I would just be going SUPER basic to save money, and I imagine that would turn out bland.

I've already gotten great leads and ideas from everyone here. Thank you so much!

ETA: If you come across resale items, I would love to hear about local stuff like vases, chair covers and various decorations. I am using pears in/as my centerpieces, and pear color as my accent color, but not using the "Perfect Pear" theme. My BM's will wear black dresses or pants for comfort and so they can wear it again. Maybe with a pinkish belt or blouse to add small touches of color. Think Forelle Pears. They're green with some pinkish.

Danyel

Re: Intro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!!

Congratulations!!  I'm local and am planning to sell my centerpieces.  

I haven't gathered all the details yet but....

I have at least 10 (but maybe 12 -- the other two I can look harder for if you're interested) green glass lanterns, 10 brown metal lanterns (think moroccan lantern style for both - I can send pics if you want).  I also have some cylindrical vases for sale (some 2 inches, some 8-9inches high).  I was going to wait until I get everything organized to post anything here, but if you're interested, I'm happy to talk now.

PM me if you're interested in more information :).  I can't help much with caterers (ours was provided by the location), but it sounds like you're on a budget, and I was super thrilled by the work Whole Foods did (the one on Waterman, but I've heard others rave about the other 2 RI locations as well).  Let me know if you need any other suggestions!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards