Snarky Brides

Hes awake!!

I just got off the phone with the vet who did the surgery. Lastnight when we went in for his exam he noticed that one of his back molar like teeth was shaped weird, and it looked as though it was pointing inwards instead of down so he said it may need to be pulled as well. I called today after they had just gotten him under and the doctor said that he would definitely need it taken out. Well, I just got filled in on the state of that tooth. It was apparently not sideways, it was somehow folded over.

Folded over WHAT you ask? Another tooth. There was another tooth directly above it in his gums that this tooth had folded over. Apparently one should have been infront of the other, but somehow grew down in the same spot and it folded itself over the other. He had to get two teeth taken out in that area, in addition to the three little guys in the front.

All that said, he is awake and moving around but still groggy. Apparently he woke up really quickly but his breathing is well which is always a big concern with pugs.

Thanks for all the vibes and for putting up with my crazy! I cant even express how relieved I am right now. We are going to pick him up soon and Im so looking forward to having that little guy back at home.

Re: Hes awake!!

• That's great news, Nebb :)

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yay for the Vindicator!
  • Aww, that is awesome! I am so happy for you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Great news Nebb, glad everything went well.

Weird teeth!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay! That is a relief. :) He'll be happy to be home soon.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    We always knew his teeth didnt grow in properly (he had gaps), but we could never get in his mouth enough to know it was that messed up. Doc says he probably had a ton of pressure and thats why he never used that side of his mouth, and thats why his lower teeth on that side had tartar but the other side doesnt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hes-awake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c92d46f-49db-4684-a1bd-cd9d7846db48Post:483184c3-137c-40e3-8d4e-b3343158d37e">Re: Hes awake!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We always knew his teeth didnt grow in properly (he had gaps), but we could never get in his mouth enough to know it was that messed up. Doc says he probably had a ton of pressure and thats why he never used that side of his mouth, and thats why his lower teeth on that side had tartar but the other side doesnt.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Poor pup, I hate that they cant tell us whats wrong.
  • Glad to hear your dog's okay!

Also, it probably makes us terrible pet owners, but we crack up at how drugged out Bax looks after his dental procedures.  He is high out of his mind when he leaves the vet.
  • NebbNebb member
    Yeah, i sorta cant wait to see how he acts when we get him. Stoned dogs are funny dogs.
  • So happy to hear that! 
  • Glad to hear he's doing well. :)
  • NebbNebb member
    Awww my little dude is sleepy

• awww, he's the cutest thing ever. Glad things went well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • glad he is ok!! Give him lots of cuddles!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • NebbNebb member
    Update, if anyone is still around. He hasnt let me leave his side since we got home. I got up to pee and he jumped off the bed and followed me and got confused cause he couldnt find me so he stumbled down the stairs. Took forever to get him back up. Since then hes eaten and had naps in three different places. He seems to be doing just fine!
  • Yay! When we brought Teddie back after dental work he was stumbling around like a drunken sailor for several hours. We had to lock him in the bathroom because when he was upstairs, he fell down the stairs and when he was downstairs, he tried to go up the stairs and fell backwards on his back. It was sad, but funny.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    Awww that is too sad/cute! Vin lost his footing a few times but nothing that bad.
  • Just catching up now, but yay! I'm glad everything went well :)

The only thing funnier than drugged up puppies? Drugged up puppies with cones.
  • Glad to hear! We took our lab in a few weeks ago for a teeth cleaning, and the vet looked into his mouth and noticed he had a cracked tooth and the nerve was hanging out:( poor guy was in pain. He had his tooth pulled the next day. When we brought him home he kept falling over because he couldn't figure out how to lay down.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hes-awake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c92d46f-49db-4684-a1bd-cd9d7846db48Post:f8d7348a-1452-4092-89a1-f355a5c893ec">Re: Hes awake!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to hear! We took our lab in a few weeks ago for a teeth cleaning, and the vet looked into his mouth and noticed he had a cracked tooth and the nerve was hanging out:( poor guy was in pain. He had his tooth pulled the next day. When we brought him home he kept falling over because he couldn't figure out how to lay down.
    Posted by BrittneyRN[/QUOTE]
    Aww poor guy! I cant imagine the pain these little guys go through and we just have no way of knowing. It makes me so sad :( I hope yours is doing well now!
  • aw nebb that picture is so cute!  I'm glad to hear he is doing well, it's so nerve-wracking because of their breathing issues.  I had to take the day off when Lou got neutered because I couldn't even be in the building when he had it done, I was freaking out!

Vin won't have any memory of it in 48 hours :)
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hes-awake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c92d46f-49db-4684-a1bd-cd9d7846db48Post:bf1bae03-c35a-477b-9709-7e79ce38000a">Re: Hes awake!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]aw nebb that picture is so cute!  I'm glad to hear he is doing well, it's so nerve-wracking because of their breathing issues.  I had to take the day off when Lou got neutered because I couldn't even be in the building when he had it done, I was freaking out! Vin won't have any memory of it in 48 hours :)
    Posted by jujub423[/QUOTE]
    I tried working, I ended up leaving at 1:30 because I was seriously just freaking out. I kept nearly crying thinking about what could happen and was just jittery as all hell so I figured it was better if I left early. My boss didnt seem to mind so whatever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards