Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Double/Triple (or more!) Invitations

I thought it was a No-No to invite a guest to more than one shower....so far I'm invited to THREE. Am I obligated to take a gift to each one?

Re: Double/Triple (or more!) Invitations

• Options
    NO, you're not.  Are you a bridesmaid?  Typically bridesmaids, moms, sisters (and maybe one or two other very close people) will be invited to all of them.  But even they only need to bring a gift to a single shower.

Personally, if you aren't in the wedding party I would decline all but one... and I might even decline that one because multiple invitations is tacky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_doubletriple-or-more-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:511c86c8-5bb5-443e-9737-295413731b3bPost:d4e00507-e37c-452d-91ab-780da52f48d6">Re: Double/Triple (or more!) Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]NO, you're not.  Are you a bridesmaid?  Typically bridesmaids, moms, sisters (and maybe one or two other very close people) will be invited to all of them.  But even they <strong>don't </strong>need to bring a gift to a single shower. Personally, if you aren't in the wedding party I would decline all but one... and I might even decline that one because multiple invitations is tacky.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

<div>FTFY. But otherwise, I agree.</div>
  • Options
    Like PP said, typically immediate family (like moms or sisters) and WP members are invited to all showers. That doesn't mean you have to attend them all. My MOH had two showers and I attended the one that I was able to. I gave my BMs the choice of which shower they wanted to attend (they were invited to both but I didn't expect them to come to both or either, really).

I wouldn't feel obligated to go to ANY of them, but if you really want to attend one, pick the one that works best with your schedule. I also wouldn't send gifts for the other two. Don't feel bad about not going to them all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    You're definitely not obligated to buy a gift for all three. I wouldn't go to three showers and only bring a gift to one, though, nor would I decline the other invitations and still send a gift. I would just decline two of the three and bring a gift to the one I go to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yep, just as PP said. How weird to be invited to all three. Maybe they were just giving you options to make sure you attended at least one haha.
    May 2013 August Siggy: The Hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO idea! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards