Louisiana-New Orleans

NOLA wedding planner for OOT bride?

I am planning a destination wedding in New Orleans and was looking for recomendations for wedding planners. Also would love suggestions for french quarter wedding venues that hold at least 200 guests. Thanks!

Re: NOLA wedding planner for OOT bride?

• Are you looking for a full wedding planner or just a coordinator?  I hired Carolyn Arthurs at All About Events to do my day of coordination and she did a fantastic job.  I like Elyse Skansi at Tying the Knot and Weddings by Lulu has been recommended by a ton of brides for fuller planning.

Most of the hotels will hold 200 people.  Not sure what kind of look you're going for.
  • Most likely either a full planner because I need help finding venders. I was hoping for something with more new orleans character than the typical hotel. Possibly a courtyard, or historic building? I really would like to do a second line as well
  • I got married at the New Orleans Board of Trade with enough room for 275.  A lot of the venues in the Quarter are smaller, so they may be able to accommodate you. Maybe check out the Wax Museum, the Montegut House, Cafe Amelie.
  • We used Carolyn Arthur's as our DOC also. She actually specializes in NOLA dw's, and did an amazing job for us.
  • I'm using Kelly Sherlock for my DW. She's been great so far. I used her for sort of in between full planning and month of coordinating, but in reality I have had full access to her the entire time and she has been involved every step of the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Kelly Sherlock for my DW. She's been great so far. I used her for sort of in between full planning and month of coordinating, but in reality I have had full access to her the entire time and she has been involved every step of the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try Weddings by LuLu owned by Lu Alexander..she is great to work with
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    www.weddingsbylulu.com Lu is a total Godsend! She's handled our DW For about 200 guests perfectly. I can't reccomend her enough. She's such a great person to work with and has saved us more money than her fee already. She's also the only wedding vendor I can actually get a response from in a couple hours. Everything is so easy you won't feel like you're OOT. Love her!
  • Agree with above posts on Lulu. She is awesome, and her prices are great!
  • I am also using weddingsbylulu and she is fantastic and goes above and beyond.
  • agree about Lulu and I love my venue so I recommend Latrobe's =)
  • For full planning and help with vendors, I also recommend Lu wholeheartedly. She took us to see Latrobes, the Cabildo and the Presbytere and the Bourbon Orleans. Latrobes was my personal favorite but they all were interesting in different ways.
  • edited September 2012
    Definitely get a planner if you're an OOT bride. My wedding is about a month away and my coordinator is Lulu from www.weddingsbylulu.com. She's amazing and has helped me stay on budget. Since I'm planning my wedding from California she's been nothing but wonderful! She's very sweet and nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For those of you who are using LuLu, did anyone do the all-inclusive package? Has your wedding already happened? I would love to talk to a bride who is either in the end stagees or has already had a wedding done by LuLu.
  • We switched to the AI package after meeting with her a couple weeks ago but we're still 8 months out. You can send me a pm if you have questions.
  • I cast my vote for Andrea Butson, from Vim and Verve Events. She's our planner and she is amazing. She's got an eye for truly unique details and is completely committed to making things work for you in the best way possible. I feel really lucky to have found her.
  • I used Monique from Couture Events in New Orleans, she was awsome. Hands on and very personable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards