New York

Aisle Runner Help

Ok... so problem.

#1- I guess I need to use Microsoft publisher to blow up my monogram super huge so I can trace it on my aisle runner.  I do not have publisher at home.  I have publisher at work, but not the fonts I want to use.  Does anyone know how I can get Microsoft publisher on my home computer?  Can I just download it?  (I haven't even checked)

#2- Where exactly do you put the monogram... at the end right (like the end of the fabric so you roll the thing from the back of the church to the front... or should it be the other way around)?  So then when you roll the aisle runner out... what happens if the aisle is really short and you have a bunch leftover?  Do you cut it?  What happens to the big roll of extra fabric?  I'm guess it doesn't just sit there at the priest's feet the whole mass. How does it work?

#3- I forgot.  But I know I had a number 3.  crap.

I'm so confused.  lol.
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Aisle Runner Help

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much help as I know nothing about aisle runners, but the most recent wedding I went to, two of the groomsmen rolled it out from the front of the church (altar) to the back before the bride came out.  And I think monograms mostly go at the end (the part near where you begin your walk down the aisle) although I don't see why couldn't put one halfway down the aisle or something. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I'm going for... I would like the monogram near the back to the church, but I couldn't figure out whether you roll it from front to back or back to front.  I'll have to talk to someone at the church, but I know the aisle is much shorter than the length of the runner we bought.  This is a PITA.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    As for the fonts try www.dafont.com and see if you can just download the ones that you need.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Crystal, but I can't download anythign to my work computer.  Evil government computers.

Kara- what are you doing with the excess material?  Did you cut it?
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Ah gotcha. You can also just turn your monogram into a pdf and blow it up and print it that way. if you save it at a high enough dpi it will also be a lot less blurry than using publisher. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards